Spring Break 2016

sncraig

Earning My Ears
Hello all, we have been to WDW in the past and either did it in Feb or Oct. This year we are looking at going for my son's spring break. He is now in Middle school and getting harder to pull him out of school for a week. His break seems to be early this year from March 7-11. Looks like it might be before the spring break crowds start but would like to hear from people that have lived it. I don't expect it to be like the 1st week of Oct when the crowds are very light but are we crazy to even think of March 5th-12th.

We always stay at Fort Wilderness and love it. Nothing like "camping" Disney style!

Last edited:
Hi! With Easter being early this year there will be crowds starting that week, but not nearly as bad as it will be starting the 12th thru mid April. Usually colleges start the spring break season the 2nd week of March. Our local schools here next to Disney have spring break starting March 12-21, that will make the parks busy. As a longtime local I can tell you that if I was coming here for spring break I would come before March 12th or after mid April. Those 5-6 weeks of spring breaks can get CRAZY! You should be ok the week that you mentioned. I hope this helps, and have a great trip!!! :)

Crowd levels are up for that week but they go still higher the week before and the week after Easter later in March.

I recommend the www.easywdw.com website with their crowd calendars as a good resource for general planning (and for food pix and park updates). Note that most of that week you're looking at the parks are 7 or 6 out of 10. Also note the park with the Extra Magic Hours (EMH) either early or late are the LEAST recommended park (in red) each day because the EMH draws crowds. You can still get in early at rope drop and ride a bunch before the crowds show up but these are general statistical observations.

Here is the March 2016 crowd calendar from Easy:

march16-v2.jpg

Have fun!

Bama Ed

Ok just booked it. All that want to book the camp ground and join us please do but all others please wait until the next week and keep the crowds as low as we can. 156 days until we arrive to the land of wonder and magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter