• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring Break 16 - 39 days! Tour booked!

So what did I do now??

Ha, that's always a fun question isn't it? Well the answer is...I applied (and was approved) for a Disney Rewards Visa Card from Chase! Just the rewards, not premium (I'm a college student...totally not about paying annual fees on a credit card). But still it's exciting! And when I book our tour for AK, I'm a slacker and haven't yet, I'll save 15%!

I've also never gotten to use the card-member meet and greet in EPCOT, so I may be over excited, but I'm looking forward to that as well.

I'm just in shock I even got approved. I'm a business student and obsessively trying to increase my credit score, always paying off my balance, always checking my credit score, so I tried for a Credit Line Increase from Discover (my current card) ...and no luck. So totally random and procrastinating, I tried applying for this Disney Chase Card tonight. And I got it!

In other news, I've got two more finals tomorrow, and then I'll be home for 5 weeks! Except for the week we're on the cruise :0) AND I turn 21 a week from today!

Things are going really good right now, even though not a lot of Disney-esque stuff is happening.

Congrats on your new card! Sounds like your responsible nature is paying off! My DS is going to apply for one once he is done with tech school and has a permanent address. I just got something in the mail the other day about getting 50 dream dollars for every friend you refer to sign up so I'll have to remember to tell him to put that in!

I use our rewards card for just abut everything, treating it like a debit card. It will help build your credit too by using it and paying it off. Our points are paying for our resort room this next trip. Check on their site too because certain restaurants at WDW offer discounts for using the card.

Wowww! Its been a while since I updated y'all on things!

Currently we're actually driving back from Florida! And yes, 17 hours in a car with my family is obnoxious. Anyways, lets update on the rest of the disney stuff, right?

Best news...THE TRIP IS PAID OFF!! D finally got me the rest of the money so now it's official as official can be without actually being there :-)

Speaking of being there...my family is driving out of Florida because we just got back from a cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel out of Tampa...but could we really go to Tampa without going to Disney? Of course not!
image.png
So we ended up at Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner pre-cruise...and I ended up in 'jail' for stealing some of dad's food.

Then post-cruise we ended up going to Rainforest at Disney Springs and shopping (for hours) which means...
.image.jpeg
I got a shellie may bear because she was too adorable to pass up! And I wanted to break in that new Disney Visa :-)

Anddd....it was FP+ time!!
Since I didn't do it exactly 60 days put I was a little nervous that was I wanted would be gone. But even with doing them 55 days out I still got my must-dos including: The Mine Train, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Test Track, The Seas with Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Kilamanjaro Safari, Everest, Nemo the show, and Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, and Buzz Lightyear. *In that order.

I'll talk some more about my recent adventures soon! I really need a nap.

Hope you had fun on your cruise!

Awesome that you got the fp+ you wanted! I couldn't do ours till Friday (56 days out) because I had to wait till last Monday to order the tickets from our base- they couldn't order them till it was officially 2016. Thankfully they came in Friday and I jumped on doing fp+ as soon as I got them. We got everything we wanted too.

I just noticed you didn't do any for DHS- are you not planning to go to that park?

I just noticed you didn't do any for DHS- are you not planning to go to that park?

Oh I forgot to mention this I guess! We are skipping DHS - mainly because I'm concerned with how torn up it's going to be and because I'm not totally convinced D would like it. He's not a big rider.

Maybe next time!

And we're off! Well...paid off that is!

After bugging D pretty consistently over the last few days, he finally paid his 50% today! Yayyyy!

I'm still at home, packing my life up to head back to campus on Monday to start the semester. I'm only working about 11 hours a week this semester, but I'm also taking 18 credits...so I need to save my sanity, but I'm sacrificing less money. I picked up a minor this semester, and to still graduate on time that means I have to overload on credits. So spring break will be much relief (and much earned!).

It's really weird to be packing for school right now, because since I'm probably not coming home before our trip I'm trying to bring anything and everything I might need with me to my apartment. It's odd to be packing clothes for Pennsylvania winter weather and Florida march weather in the same suitcases. The snow hit over the weekend, and there's roughly two inches of snow outside the house right now. Brrr!

I shifted around our fast pass times a little bit so they make more sense with our plans.

The last thing to do is reserve our spot on the Backstage Tales tour, which I'll be doing later on this month.

There's definitely some more surprises up my sleeve I'll be letting you know soon!

Duh! If I had looked back at your original post I would have seen that you said you weren't doing DHS. They just announced that several things are closing there as of April 2 so I'm glad we will be able to see them, but I agree it will be pretty torn up and may not be best for your bf to see them like that for the first time.

I also just noticed they we'll be in the same parks as y'all on Tues. and Wed.- maybe we'll run into each other.

Good luck on getting back in college mode and with all your classes! Try to stay warm and dream of sunny Florida... only 48 more days!

"Oooh...can we ride that?!"

Today I 'surprised' D by giving him maps of the parks with our FP+'s circled. (I'm such an excellent gift giver, I know) and we sat in his car and actually looked at them for a bit. While I was circling our FP's for Epcot I looked over and hear "Ooohh...can we ride that?!" as he was looking at the MK map. Finally, he admits he wants to do something! After asking him what specifically he was talking about..."Is there a ferry that takes us to the park?!" I laughed and said there would be if we weren't riding the bus. He paused for a minute and said..."Can we ride it anyways...? I like ferries..."

So...progress, I think? Guess we'll be riding the ferry, somehow.

And I splurged and bought a FitBit Charge last week! Literally the main purpose is to use it at Disney but I'm also anxious to see how much I actually walk around campus and whatnot. So far it's just reminding me that over break I don't really move around alot, haha.

43 days, so let's start the surprises!

I promised there would be some fun stuff, and now I'm finally getting around to it!

While D may think this is totally lame, I ordered an extra 'treat' for breakfast...

Slipperandcrown.jpg

Yes, breakfast is when our ressie at CRT is, so it had to be then. Anyways, after we are done with breakfast, a white chocolate slipper with chocolate mousse and berries will be delivered with "Welcome to Disney World" written in chocolate on the plate!
(Maybe I just wanted this for myself, but it's also for him...sort of)

We are going to CRT first thing on our first park day, so I'm really hoping to start off with some extra magic :-)

And hey, chocolate for breakfast in the castle for under $15 isn't that bad in my opinion!

It's nice to think about Florida while currently being in the frozen-tundra that is western Pennsylvania. Supposedly we're getting anything from 3-24+ inches in this massive storm this weekend...we'll see...

Anyways, that's all for now! Once the credit card gets paid off Monday I'll be booking our Backstage Tales tour! :-)

~Toodles

Our Backstage Tales tour is booked! I've been up since 7am because of work and class and I was counting down the time till I could call Disney :rolleyes1. Calling to book the tour was much less painful than calling to make a payment. So now we're all official! Anything that's planned now is last minute extras.
And...we're at 39 days! It's getting SO close!

This is going to be a hectic week, so that Disney Wine I picked up in January is definitely coming in handy...:drinking1

Hopefully D is going to come down one of these weekends, because venturing 2 hours north in the snow doesn't sound fun...

Well, I'm off to read about Marketing Research Methods and go to class again.

Final Plans and Daily Agenda will be coming soon (probably tomorrow!)

~Toodles

The dessert extra looks cute! It will be a nice surprise.

Yay for booking the tour! Can't wait to hear how you liked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter