spreadsheet

WDWmom08

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have a comparison spreadsheet for the ABD trips that they would be willing to share? Thanks!

I'm not sure what that is, and I figured others might not know either. Something to compare prices on ABD vs non-ABD trips or something to compare different ABD trips?

I was looking for something in excel that would track location, duration, cost, # of meals included, additional costs, etc.

Wow! I'm going on vacation so to me if I compare the cost of an ABD trip to other providers' costs and know the value ABD delivers then I make my decision. Going in I recognize ABD is on the higher end of the cost spectrum and go from there.

I'm looking to compare within ABD and other high end tour companies. It doesn't have anything to do with trying to take a frugal approach; it's trying to organize and compare bells and whistles. I feel like I'm drowning in marketing materials and wanted a more systematic way to objectively look at who's offering what.

It has been my experience that the few companies we travel with as a family offer similar trips with each company offering their own little "tweeks'. ABD of course does keep a Disney centric flavor on the trip where others offer more historical aspects of the areas. I would check the hotels that each company stays as well as meals offered. Basically they offer very similar and we have been happy on all the "higher end" family trips we have taken with the three companies traveled. You just have to "bite the bullet" and go I guess is what I am saying. You'll probably be happy for what I have experienced is that since most all the logistics are covered it really is a stress free way to travel and share time with the family. Good Luck.

We did something like this as a family when we were deciding on our trip for this summer. I didn't keep it, however, once we made our decision. Each of us (myself, my husband, and both kids (girls, ages 9 and 7) looked through the current itinerary book and we each picked our top two trips. I then used Excel to record price, number of days/nights, on our own meals, etc. We then ranked each trip, and we ended up picking our #2 (our #1 was booked for the dates we needed by the time we were certain we could go). I felt like I learned a lot just doing the spreadsheet, and I found it very helpful.

Thanks, it just kind of overwhelms me. Every time I think I've narrowed it down a bit I read something else that sends me in a completely different direction. You're probably right...I would learn a lot by doing it myself. I was just hoping to not start from scratch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter