Sports TV on Board the Magic?

schwaja3

Mouseketeer
Got a question.

We are cruising on the 11/11 Double Dip and are big time Giants Fans. The NFL just changed the Giants-Bears game on 11/12 to be on NBC Sunday Night Football at 8:30pm. Now, I know Disney owns ABC & ESPN, but will they have a game on NBC aired on the boat? Is there a sports specific bar on board that would carry the top game, even if it's on a competitors station?

Has anyone noticed this on a previous sailing? I thought I was going to miss this game, but now, I'm thinking I may be able to watch the game in the bar on the boat in the middle of the ocean...kinda cool. :cool1:

Diversions *may* have the game, it will depend on if they can get a signal. I watched some of the NBA playoffs, I don't think they were on ABC/ESPN, think they were on TNT.

My husband lives in diversions when we go in November for the Thanksgiving cruise.

They do get other channels. And they even get teh MNF Game Day Package (I am not sure what it is technically called, but he is excited that they get it).

They do use Satellite and at times there are problems with the feed. I do not remember what it is but something about no satellite in a proximaty of cuba. That was an issue for a few hours on one of our cruises.

The games are shown on Diversions on Multiple screens. The big screen show the "big Game" and then there are several others. You can always talk to the Diversions pubmaster when you get there and they can give you the run down of what they will be getting for the week.

Hope that helps.

For major events they will try and tune in, but there are some network & copyright issues that they always mention.

I did see an NFL division championship game on board that was on the F*x network.

Don't waste your time watching the game. You don't want to be disappointed on your cruise after watching the Bears thrash the Giants.

Thanks for asking the question though, I was wondering the same thing as I am on the same cruise.

Bears Fans :happytv:

Giant Fans :furious:

mlemmons said:
Don't waste your time watching the game. You don't want to be disappointed on your cruise after watching the Bears thrash the Giants.

Thanks for asking the question though, I was wondering the same thing as I am on the same cruise.

Bears Fans :happytv:

Giant Fans :furious:

A Bears fan on my cruise? Man, the cruise just took a turn rof the worse. :rotfl2:

I hope it's a good game, but I think that this may be the turning point game of the season for both teams. I'm not sure the Bears will be able to stop the Giants offense, and I'm pretty sure that the Bears won't be able to do much againts the Giatns D.

Anyway, have you been to our cruise meet?

Jack

It will be a good game. Injuries between now and then could play a major role in who wins. Either way, they are both playoff teams in my mind so it will be great to watch.

I've read references to these cruise meets. Are they specific threads about a specific sailing date?

schwaja3 said:
A Bears fan on my cruise? Man, the cruise just took a turn rof the worse. :rotfl2:

I hope it's a good game, but I think that this may be the turning point game of the season for both teams. I'm not sure the Bears will be able to stop the Giants offense, and I'm pretty sure that the Bears won't be able to do much againts the Giatns D.

Anyway, have you been to our cruise meet?

Jack

It will be a good game. Injuries between now and then could play a major role in who wins. Either way, they are both playoff teams in my mind so it will be great to watch.

I've read references to these cruise meets. Are they specific threads about a specific sailing date?

Michael

Diversions should be able to show the game. As others said, as long as they can get a signal. We watched the Bears game before and the White Sox World Series while cruising. Since it is a night game, you wont have any problems with others requesting different games, usually they play the most requested (at least on the big screen). Enjoy, it is also a bar, so you can drink away your sorrows when the Monsters of the Midway stomp your Giants!

:rotfl:

Kathy

American Scrapper said:
Diversions should be able to show the game. As others said, as long as they can get a signal. We watched the Bears game before and the White Sox World Series while cruising. Since it is a night game, you wont have any problems with others requesting different games, usually they play the most requested (at least on the big screen). Enjoy, it is also a bar, so you can drink away your sorrows when the Monsters of the Midway stomp your Giants!

:rotfl:

Kathy

Monsters of the Midway??? :rotfl2: Please. They have only played 2 teams that are over .500, and they were 4-3. Please. Most college teams could be undefeated playing that schedule!

Jack

mlemmons said:

Michael

Michael, we have a cruise meet going on over here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=15285190

Come stop by and say hi. We have a large group of funny people who make everyone feel welcome.

Jack

They usually have the big games on, but what constitutes a big game for the person deciding may not always agree with what people want to see.

Trust me, I work at an ABC station, and the College Football games ABC decides to cover, aren't always the games our viewers want to see.

We will be on the Magic during the SEC championship game. My husband will not want to miss that or at least be able to pick up some of the game. Anybody know if it will be shown?

We just got off the Magic last Saturday. The day we boarded there was a big game (for us) that my son wanted to see. They said it wouldn't be shown because it was not on a Disney Channel. My son got over it quickly and had a good time despite it!

We are cruising on the 11/18 Double Dip and are big time
CAL Fans. We..will...be..in..Diversions..watching..the..CAL..v..USC...game.
Anyone...else?

:wave:

We're gonna be taking turns between watching DD swim and watching THE big game - Ohio State vs. Michigan! Go Bucks! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter