Sports Illustrated Swim Suit "Plus Size" Model

jdb in AZ

It could end up curdled
Ashley Graham, who was in a SI ad last year is now a "rookie model." She's 5'10" and 200 lb. I realize that's much larger than their usual models, but is that really plus size, or just normal?

Her bikini pose is a bit risqué for the DIS Boards, so just do a web search if you're interested. I think they could have chosen a more flattering suit for her. This is her with some clothes on.

55c10f1e1700006e0056690a.jpeg

Yeah, I'd say 200 lbs would definitely be considered plus size - even at 5'10".

But there's a huge gap between 200 lbs and the 120 lbs of last year's cover model. If they want to send a real message, there's a lot of room to play with there with some "normal sized" women.

Putting a mix in there would send a much more positive message than putting one large girl that's just going to stick out like a sore thumb in contrast.

Good on her I guess. No chance I'd wear a bikini at her size. I just don't think bikinis look good over a size 10. Totally my opinion for myself. Others are free to wear whatever they want or nothing at all.

Average American woman is 159 lbs & a few of those lbs are "above ideal". So yeah, 200 lbs is "plus sized". BTW, the average American male weighs 191 & is 17 lbs over "ideal weight".

She is a beautiful plus size woman. People just have a skewed sense of what a normally healthy weight is now days since so many people are overweight.

She is plus sized for sure. And she is also very beautiful for sure.

I like her body. I think it is very attractive. I think we are all so used to seeing 100 pound women, carrying around D cup fake breasts on the cover of every magazine. This is a very nice change of pace.

In the model world yes, she's clearly plus size. In the real world, I'd say normal. We're so used to seeing very thin women in print and on screen that someone with curves stands out. In person, the super thin models and actresses would stand out as looking emaciated, IMHO.

She is plus sized for sure. And she is also very beautiful for sure.

I like her body. I think it is very attractive. I think we are all so used to seeing 100 pound women, carrying around D cup fake breasts on the cover of every magazine. This is a very nice change of pace.

As a guy, I've loved breasts my whole life. But stick thin with basketball sized bolt-ons (that are just as stiff as basketballs) is just a ridiculous look.

In the model world yes, she's clearly plus size. In the real world, I'd say normal. We're so used to seeing very thin women in print and on screen that someone with curves stands out. In person, the super thin models and actresses would stand out as looking emaciated, IMHO.

DH read that the model is size 12. In the modeling world, anyone over a size 8 is considered plus size.

She is stunning. I did look up her pics. That swimsuit top was hideous! The bottoms were really cute. Good for her!

She's a very pretty plus size woman but I hate the swimsuit they put her in. Not everyone looks good in such a suit myself included.

Good it's nice to see normal woman I agree keep the sticks. for the girls that say there wouldn't feel good if they where over a size 10 I blame media for that! you are who you are you will be loved for how you are no matter what size you are this century or the next we all get "big" and we might get small but you are always going to be the same inside good bad
Sorry this is a touchy subject for me I have 4 very beautiful girls all different sizes and after 15 years of marriage my wife has been several diff sizes all just as hot and wouldn't give her up for anything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter