Sports bra suggestions please from runners

dakcp2001

<font color=darkorchid>Am I wrong to want a cashie
For very large cup/ small band. I am having a heck of a time finding something supportive enough to jog again. It seems if you have a large cup, you cant get a small band. Cup size G, band 36. I'm really disproportionate, top heavy. Enell used to work well for me, but no longer is doing the job. My biggest issue is I have to order most online, there is nowhere to try on my size.

For very large cup/ small band. I am having a heck of a time finding something supportive enough to jog again. It seems if you have a large cup, you cant get a small band. Cup size G, band 36. I'm really disproportionate, top heavy. Enell used to work well for me, but no longer is doing the job. My biggest issue is I have to order most online, there is nowhere to try on my size.

What about Layne Bryant?

They have smaller band sizes and larger cups.

OP - I hear ya - I'm a 30FFF or 30G (depending on brand/fit).

If there are specialty bra stores near you, I would try going there first. Here in Indy, we have a store called Barbara's New Beginnings. They carry all sorts of bra sizes, in stock. They are also very well trained in fitting. I have to go there if I want anything that fits properly and I can't wait for shipping/ordering online. 30 bands are not normally carried in mainstream stores.

Another option might be Nordstrom. I've gotten bras there (they have a good selection of DD+ brands - Panache, Chanetelle, Fantasie, etc - European brands). I'm not sure if they have sports bras though.

My sister is a larger cup/band size, and has sworn by a bra called the Tata Tamer at Lululemon. She kind of went in and just tried them on until she found one that worked for her (she' more like a 38 EE?).

I have had luck with a few Underarmour sports bras that I found on clearance at the outlet. They are the kind that go on over my head, and they are TIGHT, but that's what I was going for. I have to squeeze myself into them, and I look like I have a unib00b. I go for minimum bounce when I run. So far, these have far the bill. It's called the Endure. (I'm not sure if they make it anymore?) I just bought the smallest one I could squeeze myself into, and I surprisingly don't fall out the bottom.

Another place I would suggest is Figleaves.com. They have a great selection, and sometimes you can catch a great sale or clearance item, but shipping does take a while, and returns take a while as well.

Good luck!!!

For running, you want Moving Comfort. You absolutely don't need to go to a specialty store. Waste of money.

Agreeing with the above poster on Moving Comfort. That's the only brand I wear for running. I wear the Fiona model. You should be able to find them at a running store.

!! Thank you for all the suggestios! Googling away! Uh oh. They don't make my size!!!!!!!!! So much for moving comfort.

Did you look at Road Runner Sports or Running Warehouse?

A running bra is soooo important and such a pain to find. I am not as big as your cup size and *I* think it is hard to find one to fit. I want "NO bounce" and I have one (actually is Moving Comfort) and wear it often. I know all the stuff that makes it works is going to wear out and break down soon enough. I have one that is the next size smaller so if I lose a few lbs. I'll still have a good one.

Good luck!! I do believe this month's Runner's World has this as a topic if you can find one to look at their suggestions.

Do you have Soma in your area? I just discovered this place and I can finally find what I need.

If you have a running store in your area I would suggest going and trying on the Moving Comfort.

You would be surprised what size you really are and how well they fit with NO bounce.

LOVVVVVVE my Moving Comfort so much that is all I wear now. And I love their new colors.

Just wanted to post an update for other busty ladies. If you don't care, just skip this detailed post!

I am going to review these in case in helps anyone else out there!

According to the Moving Comfort website, I should fit into a 40DD (BARELY if I squeeze (off by 1 inch). I was very skeptical about this, since I am a 36 G in normal bras. I ordered a bunch to try since they have free returns.

The Juno did not fit at all. Not even close. Yikes.
The Divine Mesh did not fit at all, again, not even remotely.
The Maia actually fits ok. Not perfect, but I think I can make it work and it was on clearance so Im keeping it. ANd being a bit tight makes it hold everything together. If it was full price I'd have returned it, but it wasn't so I will keep it.

I also tried from bare necessities :

Elomi Energise - best fit by far, no bounce. Love it! Cone shape, Madonna might like it, but I don't care since I run at home. Closure band with hooks made of cheap thin mesh, this is a bummer because on their regular bras, this same mesh always ends up tearing and then the bra is trash. But I am keeping it, it fits great and no bounce. It was very pricey considering I know it wont last long. But beggars can't be choosers.

Tried another Maia by Moving Comfort in 38 E, which I thought might be better. It was not at all. Sending it back. Band fit better, cups were odd shape.

So sending back a bunch, and now I am going to order the Anita Maximum Control, a Freya Sports bra, and a Moving Comfort Fiona.

I don't have a super large chest but do like a lot of support when I run. So, I wear an old regular bra with a sports bra over it.

I just googled it and Dicks sells moving comfort so maybe you can try one on there. I plan to go check them out.

I don't post often, but felt I needed to here. Look at the sports bra by Enell. It is one of Oprah's favorite things. I had huge ****s, 36F. Once I had it on, I could do jumping jacks. They did not move. It's a pain to get on because you have to tuck those puppies in, but it does work. At first it may feel like you got too small of a size, but you didn't. It's just really secure. I did end up having a breast reduction later on.

Edited....Ok, I guess I didn't read well enough, I now see you tried Enell. Good luck finding another one if they no longer work.

I don't post often, but felt I needed to here. Look at the sports bra by Enell. It is one of Oprah's favorite things. I had huge ****s, 36F. Once I had it on, I could do jumping jacks. They did not move. It's a pain to get on because you have to tuck those puppies in, but it does work. At first it may feel like you got too small of a size, but you didn't. It's just really secure. I did end up having a breast reduction later on.

Edited....Ok, I guess I didn't read well enough, I now see you tried Enell. Good luck finding another one if they no longer work.

Ii seem to have gotten between sizes with them. They also kept falling apart on me. They roll up under at the band.

I never thought I would be able to find a sports bra to support me. I ended up buying an Under Armor sports bra.
Its the style with the zipper up the front. The other ones just won't give me the support I need. I'm a 36D.

Not cheap, about $50-60 , but does the job.

Are Shock Absorber available in the US??? I'm a 38FF and they're great for me both at the gym and for road running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter