Sports Agent Rosenhaus saves child at GF pool

Peter Pirate

Its not the end of civilization...But you can see
Infamous sports agent Drew Rosenhaus stepped to the plate yesterday at the GF where he saw a commotion involving an unconcious child at the pool at the GF. Rosenhaus said "nobody was doing anything" so he stepped in and performed CPR saving the boy's life.

Not good press for Disney lifeguards.
pirate:

NFL player agent Rosenhaus saves boy at Disney pool

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - NFL player agent Drew Rosenhaus performed CPR to save a young boy pulled unconscious from a swimming pool at a Disney World resort hotel Tuesday.

The Chicago boy was on a trip with his family. He was transported to a hospital but was expected to be fine, said Cpl. Carlos Torres of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

"Rosenhaus brought him back," Torres said.

Rosenhaus, whose hardball negotiating tactics have made him perhaps the league's most notorious agent, said he was at the Grand Floridian to visit clients and ran to help when he heard screaming after the boy was pulled from the pool.

"I dropped my phone, which is pretty rare," joked Rosenhaus, who worked as a lifeguard as a youngster. "I was thrilled to help the boy. It was nice to be a good guy for once."

NFL player agent Rosenhaus saves boy at Disney pool

Agent Drew Rosenhaus saves boy from drowning

Not for saving the kid, I'm glad the kid is OK, but did it have to be him? Has anyone heard his interview? It's deplorable! He turns the whole thing into a business ploy! He describes it as "mass hysteria" and he was a savior from above. Then he talks about how the kid is from Chicago, but maybe the Eagles will like him more now that he saved him. It's terrible, the things he said.

Was it at the main pool or maybe a quiet pool? Quiet pools don't have lifefuards, do they?

D4D

The guy has a spot on a weekly sports show here in south florida, and the man cannot be sleazier if he tried harder....Me too wouldn't be surprised if in a few months the kid fesses up that Drew paid him or something along those lines.

What I want to know is why the 3 year old was at the pool with his 10 year old brother. Where were the parents??

Where were they? What happened? Boy almost drowning at the flagship resort hotel is not good news.

Who cares how the guy operates in business? Millionaires taking money from other millionaires.

He saved the kid's life by all accounts.

According to the Sheriff's spokesman in the story:

"There was a lifeguard on duty, but Drew got to him before the lifeguard."

So, it does not appear that the lifeguard was there but didn't know what to do or anything.

I'm not sure if the lifeguard could have stepped in even if he/she wanted to after the fact. There are times when the person performing life saving techniques if certified might choose not to allow the lifeguard overriding authority and may be justified in not doing so for reasons of liability.

Does anyone know how that works exactly? I know some certifications override others but not sure what the exact protocol is in situations like this.

He may have just gotten to the kid first because he was closer. If he all ready started CPR (and knew what he was doing) then it would be normal for the lifegaurd to stay right there and takeover as relief to Rosenhaus. CPR is very exhausting on a persons body and you can't stop doing it until the child is revived or an EMT/second person arrives to take over. He did a wonderful thing for that boy and I would hope he isnt using the situation to help his own PR.
I also would like to know where the boys parents were. I hope more parents hear about this and start paying more attention to their children at the pool. Thank you to those who all ready do.

According to the story, the child's 10-year old brother was apparently left in charge of the youngster and left him unattended in the baby pool.

Hard to tell if the lifeguard was slow to react --or not. As we all know from crowded pools, it isn't easy to keep an eagle-eye at all times on everyone in a pool. It COULD be that this guy just happened to get to the kid first. From my early days at various summer pools, I recall seeing several cases of victims being pulled from pools--not by the lifeguards, but by other swimmers who just happened to notice the problem first.

DancingBear said:
According to the story, the child's 10-year old brother was apparently left in charge of the youngster and left him unattended in the baby pool.

Can you imagine how many more incidents like this would happen if they still allowed swimming in the lakes ?

Uncleromulus said:
Hard to tell if the lifeguard was slow to react --or not. As we all know from crowded pools, it isn't easy to keep an eagle-eye at all times on everyone in a pool. It COULD be that this guy just happened to get to the kid first. From my early days at various summer pools, I recall seeing several cases of victims being pulled from pools--not by the lifeguards, but by other swimmers who just happened to notice the problem first.

I don't know the layout at the Grand Floridian pool, but this happened in the baby pool; usually the lifeguards are located at and focused on the main pool, and often there are signs at the baby pool that children have to be monitored by their parents at all times.

Regardless of weather or not the life guard was late in responding, the ulimate responsibilty in my eyes is on the parents in this case. I know a 10 year old boy might seem responsible but come on.....they are 10 year old boys, he himself is still young and in all honesty should still be watched by his parents as well. I just think it's awful and I hope his parents don't try to make him feel bad for not watching his brother, it's their fault.

Sorry to sound so harsh, I just think kids should be allowed to be kids, and a 10 year old should not be put in charge of a 3 year old at a swimming pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter