Spoodles... How long of a boatride from MGM?

famofour

Mouseketeer
If we were to take the boat to Spoodles - how long would we need to plan for travel time to and from, by boat from MGM? Thanks!

The fastest way from MGM is to get off at the Swan/Dolphin and walk to the Boardwalk. Otherwise you'll go to the Yacht/Beach Club and then to the Boardwalk. The boat takes about 10 minutes tops, then a 5-minute walk to Spoodles.

From MGM, the boat goes to Swan/Dolphin then Yacht/Beach Club and then to The Boardwalk (if I remember correctly). I would say the ride takes about 20 minutes, so I would set aside 30 minutes just to be on the safe side.

Boat to S/D, walk over to Spoodles, I agree 15-20 minutes. Stay on the boat the whole way, stopping at Y/BC after S/D, then get off at BW dock, 20-25 minutes.

Robert P said:
Boat to S/D, walk over to Spoodles, I agree 15-20 minutes. Stay on the boat the whole way, stopping at Y/BC after S/D, then get off at BW dock, 20-25 minutes.

I agree with this time estimate, but this assumes no wait for the boat at all. That wait may add a few minutes to the trip. IN addition, you can also walk directly from MGM to the Boardwalk in about 20 minutes

If you've just missed the boat at MGM, you can beat the boat back to the Boardwalk (Spoodles is there) by walking - by a good five minutes. If you catch the boat right at MGM, you can get right on and leave, arriving at the Swan/Dolphin about ten minutes later and walk the last five minutes or so.

Either way, you're looking at 15-25 minutes.

More importantly, though, why are you trying to get to Spoodles? Have they improved recently?

How would we get from POP to Spoodles? I am interested in seeing the Boardwalk and thought it'd be fun to eat over there, but I don't know how to get us there from POP. :confused3

AB&Me said:
How would we get from POP to Spoodles? I am interested in seeing the Boardwalk and thought it'd be fun to eat over there, but I don't know how to get us there from POP. :confused3

It all depends on what time you are going. When you leave, I imagine there will still be park buses going. When you get to the park you have options, From AK and MK, take the Boardwalk bus. From MGM, take the boat or walk. From Epcot, you have to walk thru to the back and out the Gateway to the boat or walk. You will need a hopper ticket to do this.

Heading home, you can take the Downtown Disney bus and then tranfer to a POP bus.

Or ... the simplist way, esp. going back is to take a cab. They are usually out from of the Boardwalk. If not, they will call one for you.

More importantly, though, why are you trying to get to Spoodles? Have they improved recently?

I thought I've read a lot of positives about Spoodles... Am I incorrect?

famofour said:
I thought I've read a lot of positives about Spoodles... Am I incorrect?

I haven't eaten dinner there since last October, but I thought the food was very good. There just wasn't a lot to choose from on the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter