• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spoodles and Biergarten Opinions

disneymomof2boyz

DIS Veteran
These 2 ADR's are our "trying something new" meals. :rotfl:
Can anyone give me opinions on these restaurants, and we will be at the BW resort, hence the reason for Spoodles, but if you have a better suggestion for dining around the BW area, then please share. :goodvibes

We love the Biergarten...one of our favorites. We missed it last trip because our friends wanted to do Rose & Crown). There is something for everyone on the buffet, the beer is good and the entertainment is great fun...for young and old alike.

We've not tried Spoodles. It was on our list to try this year until we saw the rave reviews for The Wave...so we are trying that this year first. However, I've read some really good reviews on Spoodles as well.

Those are two of our favs...Beirgarten has great music, dancing, atmosphere and the food is awesome. Spoodles can be very loud and crowded but the pasta dishes we had there were excellent!

Biergarten is fun, but sorry the food was pretty bad for German fare. Certainly not up to authentic par.pirate:

We love the Biergarten! The very first trip, I passed (thought it sounded discusting!) and got counter service elsewhere, but after hearing the rave reviews from the rest of my family, the following year I joined them - and since then have gone every year!!

While I have never been to Germany and can't speak for the authenticity of the food, I think it is excellent!

Everything is delicious! Be sure to have a cup of the Leek soup for me! Go and have a good time - the atmosphere can't be beat!

Loved Biergarten on our last trip and will dine there again in May. We enjoyed trying the different fare. We also have a child with dairy allergy and he was avoiding some other common food allergens at the time and this place was great for him as sausages are a mainstay for him! He tried all of the varieties and loved every one. The chef was incredibly attentive to him despite this being a buffet and brought him a bunch of Divvies cookies that he could snack on for the rest of our stay. Our older son loved the music an dancing. DH like the beer and I liked the potato leek soup. We really like the atmosphere with it seeming like you are eating out in the streets of a German village. Thumbs up from us.

Spoodles is delicious. They give you amazing bread to start off the meal and our server was very accommodating to my food allergies. The chicken with the bruschetta on the top was so good and a huge portion. We also tried the Sangria which was alright, but a bit watery. Went to the Biergarten as a teenager with family but don't remember much. I remember finding the music and show part really obnoxious but I was a teenager, so that was to be expected. Enjoy!

Biergarten is pretty much our favorite at Disney, but fair warning, you are seated at tables of 8 with other diners. We would prefer a table for two but we're excited enough by the food to keep going back - it's weird though, when I think of my favorites it's not usually the meat dishes. I like the leek soup, cucumber salad, pretzel rolls, sauerkraut and the black forest cake rolls. The one dish with meat that I really like is some sort of mashed potato/sauerkraut/ and sort of corned beef-type meat on top with sauteed onions I think - can't remember the name. I prefer the bratwurst that they have outside at the counter service station than the one they have inside. Also, didn't think the sauerbrauten was very good so we just go for lunch since dinner is much more expensive and that's the only thing you get extra (and they don't serve that potato/meat thingy I like so much). Hopefully you enjoy it!

Terri

We love both of these! Biergarten is really fun, especially if you are seating with nice, fun people. The entertainment is really fun! Spoodles can be loud but again, very fun atmosphere & good food. Love the open kitchen!

I've been to both and liked both. The food was good at both, not over the top to die for, but good. The Sangria at Spoodles is good if you drink. I love the atmosphere of the BW area. Biergarten is alot of fun, with the music, we sat at a table with another group of 3, and it was fun to sit an talk to other people from a different part of the world!

Just ate at Spoodles last week and loved it. Both breakfast and dinner were excellent.

Big Spoodles fan here. It's the one table service restaurant we plan for every trip. Never been to Biergarten, so can't comment there.

We've been to both. Biergarten is fun. I wasn't crazy about the food but did not leave hungry - so I certainly had enough to eat and drink:thumbsup2 .
Lots of little kids got up and danced the polka, including my DH :-)drinking1 after one of those giant beers) and I. Unfortunately my teenager got the whole thing on videotape.:rolleyes: I'd definitely go back the inside of the restaurant is beautiful.

Spoodles was a hit both times.

Both restaurants are noisy - great if you are worried about bringing 2 young boys! Enjoy

If you want a fun enviroment then Biergarten is the place to go, but for me the food was something I really didn't care for. It's not that the food was gross, it just really didn't appeal to me. Although I did eat alot of the schnitzle. ;) That was really good. They also have an awesome desert selection.

The Biergarten was "sehr gut." My picky DH's favorite. he said excellent eats and "wunderbar" beer. He has told me he wants to go there next time we go to the World and he is very very picky!!

I have not been to Spoodles though. I was hoping to go this June on our gals trip but it does not appear to be listed on the DDP list this year. I hope I am wrong though. If I am we will got here.

Have a pretzel roll for me and some potato salad. I habe Das (or is it Die?) Biergarten geliebt. :) I hope I conjugated that verb correctly. heheheh I am rusty with my German.

The Biergarten was "sehr gut." My picky DH's favorite. he said excellent eats and "wunderbar" beer. He has told me he wants to go there next time we go to the World and he is very very picky!!

I have not been to Spoodles though. I was hoping to go this June on our gals trip but it does not appear to be listed on the DDP list this year. I hope I am wrong though. If I am we will got here.

Have a pretzel roll for me and some potato salad. I habe Das (or is it Die?) Biergarten geliebt. :) I hope I conjugated that verb correctly. heheheh I am rusty with my German.

Hi, and thanks for the review. I just checked if Spoodles is on the list of the restaurants that take the DDP, and for sure they are. Here is the link:
http://allears.net/pl/packages09a.htm#rest

Good to hear so many great things about Spoodles. We are going for the first time next month for dinner and I'm excited about it. The menu made me hungry just looking at it, can't wait!

We (DS18, DS16, DS14 and I) love Spoodles, it is on our must do list.

Last year we tried Beirgarten and it just wasn't our thing, however I don't care for pork and most of thier meat is pork. The pretzel rolls were very very good. I didn't leave hungry.

I think you will have a great time at both places.

Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter