Spoil Honey I Shrunk the Audience for me, Please!

Lindymom

Mouseketeer
I think I saw this show in WDW several years ago and I vaguely remember a huge snake on the screen and possibly a puffed air / seat effect that made you think the snake was loose in the theater.

I am very afraid of snakes. I can handle watching it on the screen, but I do NOT want to experience the sensation of the snake moving around on the floor/seat.

Does anyone here know the show well enough to tell me what happens and when. And will lifting up my legs be enough to avoid the effect? I love the 3D shows, but some of the puffed air/seat effects scare me half to death (I have never been more scared in an attraction than in the original Alien Encounter at WDW!)

Thanks!

hmmm, I just saw this show not that long ago, and I only vaguely remember the snake, I believe it does get lost but it doesn't slither around (there were no air puffs for the snake), however mice get loose and they use air puffs for the mice, unfortunately I knew it was coming so I put my feet up and kinda moved funny in my seat and the air puffs kept hitting me in the crotch, it did not feel nice lol.

Edit: I wanted to mention that the previous time I saw the show lifting my legs I was able to avoid the air puffs so I might have just been in a bad seat this last time. You can tell the part is coming when they spill the mice into the audience, immediately lift your legs up.

The snake just hisses in your face. The mice escape into the audience.

Wow, I don't know if I'd like or hate this show. :)

Years ago I watched The Ghost and the Darkness (that movie about those lions that attacked a settlement in the late 1800s or early 1900s), and the surround sound in the theater actually caused me to worry quite strongly that there were lions roaming (in a theater, in Virginia, with no zoos around).

So I'm susceptible.

But then, snakes and mice don't bother me like lions do..:upsidedow

I'm not afraid of snakes at all and bugs don't bug me, but rodents give me the heebie-jeebies. However, I want my DNe9 to see HISTA so I'll have to grin and bear it through the mice escaping next week. Eeeeek!!;)

I SOOOOOOOO wish they would get rid of "Honey I Shrunk the Audience", and instead put in "Mickey's PhilharMagic". That is the best 3D (or 4D) show I've ever seen!!! I LOVED IT! And yes, it actually brought tears to my eyes!:cloud9: ("Remember" fireworks show also makes me cry).:rolleyes1

I SOOOOOOOO wish they would get rid of "Honey I Shrunk the Audience", and instead put in "Mickey's PhilharMagic". That is the best 3D (or 4D) show I've ever seen!!! I LOVED IT! And yes, it actually brought tears to my eyes!:cloud9: ("Remember" fireworks show also makes me cry).:rolleyes1

The location of HISTA in Disneyland prevents that building from showing Philharmagic.

Personally, I loved Philharmagic, but I like that it is only at WDW. Gives me a reason to go.

The location of HISTA in Disneyland prevents that building from showing Philharmagic. Why? Because the building is in Tomorrowland and PhilharMagic wouldn't fit in with the futuristic theme? Or is there another reason?

Personally, I loved Philharmagic, but I like that it is only at WDW. Gives me a reason to go.
Yes, that's true. It gives me one more reason (like I didn't already have enough reasons ;) ) to make the trip all the way across the country to visit the MK. (I still would love to have it at DL though!):goodvibes

Whoops, that didn't quote correctly. Hopefully it's not too confusing.:rolleyes1

Oh come on, you can't be serious.

Um, yeah I'm serious.

How does the 'location' of the building (between Space Mountain and Starcade) prevent another 3D show from being shown there?:confused3

There must be something I don't know about.:confused:

Please explain if you know.:listen:

Has anyone spoiled Indy for you yet?

I need to have Indy spoiled for me...pretty please???
My kids are 6 and 9...and I really need advance notice to be able to decide whether they should try it or not. They've only been to small local fairs...and never on a major ride before.

You can PM it to me if you don't want to spoil it for others ;)

Thanks
pixiedust:
Linda

My kids are 6 and 9...and I really need advance notice to be able to decide whether they should try it or not. They've only been to small local fairs...and never on a major ride before.

Thanks
pixiedust:
Linda

Well it all depends on the kid but my 8 yr old son loved all the other rides like Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion but he HATED Indy. It was the only ride he didn't like and was actually scared on. It's SUPER jerky which I hated and thought it was totally unnecessary and dark, of course. They have snakes, spiders, rats, etc coming at you at various points. The combination of the fact he couldn't hang on very well (all the jerky-ness) and the element of surprise was too much for his senses I guess.

Sorry, I was reacting to the original post. I can't believe a grown adult would worry about that.

Um, yeah I'm serious.

How does the 'location' of the building (between Space Mountain and Starcade) prevent another 3D show from being shown there?:confused3

There must be something I don't know about.:confused:

Please explain if you know.:listen:

Get a measuring tape, if they are 46" tall, they should go. We're not talking about torture devices. These rides are designed to be fun and make people happy they just wasted an hour of their life in line.

I think 95% of the time kids get their theme park ride fears from expectations built up by worried parents who are trying to either prepare, warn, or protect them. So relax, go on the ride, and don't give your kids any reason to expect not to like it.

Thanks
pixiedust:
Linda

You know what? I hate snakes and I DON'T do HISTA just because of it. It's THAT bad for me. I have done Indiana Jones though, and loved it for the thrill that at the time I had never done any ride like it.
To each his own...it's no different than telling anyone who is desparately afraid of heights not to go on Soarin', etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter