Splitting One Reservation into Two

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
I have one reservation for two weeks at BWV Standard Studio in October; the 1st through the 14th.

Plans have now changed and I need two 7 day reservations instead of one 14 day reservations (1st-7th and 8th-14th).

I have had multiple reservations merged on numerous occasions into one reservations, however, can I have one reservation split into two?

TIA

Only if your days are still available to book. If not, splitting is not possible without a cancel and rebook and of course ,you risk losing your nights.

I just tried to do this with a very coveted reservation (CL @ AKV) because my vacation got pushed back by two days. I was going to let a friend use the first two nights and I'd keep the rest. Long story short when I went to modify the dates I had another browser set up to immediately grab the nights I had to drop. The nights never showed available and I reloaded the reservation page multiple times for quite awhile. Either someone just happened to be looking at the same resort/dates the very second I modified or it went to someone on the waitlist. I hope my friend enjoys her stay! lol

I just tried to do this with a very coveted reservation (CL @ AKV) because my vacation got pushed back by two days. I was going to let a friend use the first two nights and I'd keep the rest. Long story short when I went to modify the dates I had another browser set up to immediately grab the nights I had to drop. The nights never showed available and I reloaded the reservation page multiple times for quite awhile. Either someone just happened to be looking at the same resort/dates the very second I modified or it went to someone on the waitlist. I hope my friend enjoys her stay! lol

That probably went to the waitlist! Sorry you lost them!

Yesterday two of my reservations self merged! I never heard about something like this. I had two consecutive one night reservations and I received a cancellation confirmation email for one of them. I logged I and noticed the two reservations have been merged. I have not had a waitlist match (what I was hoping for) and I didn't request the merge.
It is actually fine for me, but they shouldn't do it. Someone might prefer to keep them separate if they plan to modify one of them and not the other, since as pointed out you cannot split them.

Yesterday two of my reservations self merged! I never heard about something like this. I had two consecutive one night reservations and I received a cancellation confirmation email for one of them. I logged I and noticed the two reservations have been merged. I have not had a waitlist match (what I was hoping for) and I didn't request the merge.
It is actually fine for me, but they shouldn't do it. Someone might prefer to keep them separate if they plan to modify one of them and not the other, since as pointed out you cannot split them.

Thar has never happened to me and it should not be hapeening..

I've heard of that happening when the reservations match exactly. If you want them to stay separate, the advice I've always heard is to put different guests on each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter