Splitting meals

My wife and I split a meal fairly often. More times than not we order a couple of appetizers and drinks as well. Never been an issue and never charged a split fee. Only Signature restaurant we did this at was California Grill.

Ya it's why I didn't say keep the same price. They know the math and would have to set prices.

I think that very few Americans would pay 75% cost for 50% of the product. I have worked in food for several decades and people would rather throw the food away then feel like they are not getting a "deal". I completely agree that portion sizes are way out of hand in the Country. I would gladly buy a meal that is a smaller portion. But people like us are in the minority. I am shocked at how much food a person can eat in one sitting.

My spouse and I often split meals everywhere from QS to Signature and have never had an issue. We also tip double what we would normally tip on the bill so that the server is treated fairly. I can’t imagine you will have a problem.

Generally speaking, it’s doable, but be prepared to pay a split fee at a Signature venue. I believe some of the places that are not Disney run/ controlled do not allow sharing however.
Can you be more specific as to what Signature restaurants charge a split fee? Where have you experienced this?
How does not allowing sharing work? If I am sharing my dining partner's meal, do they charge for 2 meals? Is there a demand that every diner must order an entree?

Can you please explain how this all works because it makes no sense to me?

Good evening. I'm bumping this post from 4 years ago to confirm that you are still allowed to split meals at TS restaurants, particularly at Sci-Fi dine in. Thanks!

We haven’t done it at Sci-fi, but I can’t imagine why not.
My sister and I split most of our sit down meals last September, including at Tiffins and Jiko.
As long as it’s not a prix fix menu, buffet or somewhere like CRT that you have to pay for each person on the reservation it should be fine.

My husband and I ate at Sci Fi last November and, as always, we split a meal. We did this also at The Plaza, Yak & Yeti and Via Napoli. No issues anywhere!

So glad to hear this! DH and I have been on diets and our appetites have gotten smaller. We were wondering how to deal with the dining at WDW. We've lost over 50 pounds between us and didn't want to mess it up with our WDW trip.

So glad to hear this! DH and I have been on diets and our appetites have gotten smaller. We were wondering how to deal with the dining at WDW. We've lost over 50 pounds between us and didn't want to mess it up with our WDW trip.
Congrats on the weight loss! As someone who's struggled with weight all my life, I understand the potential frustration of a setback. You'll burn plenty of calories while you're there so try not to worry about it too much. Just enjoy things in moderation. My wife and I usually split one meal and snack per day in the park, and bring snacks like fruit and nuts in our bag.

Good evening. I'm bumping this post from 4 years ago to confirm that you are still allowed to split meals at TS restaurants, particularly at Sci-Fi dine in. Thanks!
Sci-Fi has a pretty limited menu and is mostly handhelds except for one pasta dish. I suppose splitting is still possible.

We routinely share, but we also order an app and a dessert so it's like a full meal of all courses split. Never had anyone say anything.

I contemplated DDP years ago but it was just WAY too much food. We eat mostly at our camper but when out and about, we either split a meal, order a kid meal, or just snack around.

This got me thinking that they should offer 1/2 portions or 1/4 portions for a reduced cost.

Example get half portion for 60% cost or get quarter portion for 35% price.

Restaurant could make more money and people wouldn't be forced in to meal just to split.
Back in the 1990s, you could order a half-portion for half price plus $1. It was great, as when she was a child, DD liked "real" food. Wish I could do this today, or they'd offer senior-sized meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter