• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

splitting entree question

rstyocom

Earning My Ears
I have a question about splitting meals.

There are 2 adults and 1 child 3 with us. Is there a rule as to how you should split an entree?

Do I have to order 2 adults and split or can I order 1 adult and 1 child and split.

Can I split entrees at Ohana's, whispering canyon, or any of the resort restaurants?

I know I cannot at a buffet.
We're not on a dining plan so I don't have to worry about that.
Thanks

Whispering Canyon folks usually just get the bottomless skillet so, no, you would not be allowed to share - same concept as a buffet, in a way.

rstyocom said:
I have a question about splitting meals.

There are 2 adults and 1 child 3 with us. Is there a rule as to how you should split an entree?

Do I have to order 2 adults and split or can I order 1 adult and 1 child and split.

We're not on a dining plan so I don't have to worry about that.
Thanks

You are not on the Dining plan so there really not any rules, cept for buffets and all you care to eat places.

I have found that I just order what "we "want and tell them we're splitting. Frequently, I order a salad and appetizer and skip the entree. We've also ordered two salads and split an entree. This year I'm on weight watchers so I plan on sharing everything. Unless the meal is tied to a perk (fantasmic dinner package) I have not heard of any issues with just telling them you're sharing. I haven't seen plate charges on any of the menus.

My 21 year old daughter and I split all our TS meals - that was at Rose and Crown, Le Cellier, ESPN, Big River Grille, Flame Tree BBQ, and Mama Melrose's. There was absolutely no problem with that, and most of them split the meal in the kitchen for us. We also did three buffets where, of course, we each had our own meal.

You cannot split at Ohanas, as it's considered all all-you-can-eat place. If you order teh bottomless skillet at Whispering Canyon, you can't either since it's all all you can eat.

Anyplace that has a menu that you can order items off of intended for an individual you are more than welcome to split from. We have done that often and there was still plenty of food =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter