1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

splitting direct contracts

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by twinsouvenirs, Jul 5, 2013.

1. twinsouvenirs

twinsouvenirs Mother of Dragons :)

So we are getting our GFV direct points in three chunks for easier transfer later in life. Any one know if this will make it any harder to use them? Same resort, use year, names on title. I know it's an extra $100 in closing costs but I am ok with that.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

The points are pooled but listed separately in your account. Just check the boxes of which contract(s) you want to use when booking online.

:earsboy: Bill

4. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

You will have 1 member number and they will all show up as one lump amount on the member website. You can book one solid resie using more than one contract (like PP said, you just select which contracts to use) since they are same resort and UY. It will be seamless to use. I think it's a great idea to have the 3 contracts...to pass on to kids or to re-sell (just 1 or 2) if you ever need to. Congrats!!

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

However, passing them on to kids that are just little right now could be a big shock if the kids can't afford the dues when you pass the points off to them.

6. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

It should be seamless unless you go to change the names later.

7. twinsouvenirs

I agree--It's like buying someone a smartphone and then leaving them with the data package. These would be 'only if they want them' bequests, and not until they have jobs and such. More likely they'll end up as resales. Two 30s and a 50 should move fairly quickly if need be.

8. twinsouvenirs

Thank you! I cannot wait :)