Splitting a large party to get reservations

dez1978

DIS Veteran
We have a group of 8 and that makes it difficult to get a lot of the reservations we want. So if I try to break it into 2 groups of 4, how does that work? Am I just trying to get 2 reservations around the same time? Do you then just eat separately? Or do you say something when you check in to see if you can be seated together?

You will probably have to eat separately. You can always ask, but not expect to be close together.

You can let the Cast Member know when you check in for both reservations that you'd like to be seated together or close together, if possible. But it depends on their availability at that time, so only do it if you're okay eating separate. The odds of getting a combined or close table is better at some places over others just based on size of the restaurant and the type of tables they have.

I had to do this in Jan/Feb... for 'Ohana they sat us together at one large table. For Space 220 Lounge, they sat us at two different tables at either end of the lounge area. When we sat down, a table opened up right next to one of our tables and we asked if it would be possible to move our second table there. They were able to accomodate us (even though downstairs they initially said they couldn't), but we were also fine sitting separate if it wasn't possible.

When we took my teenage daughter and some of her friends, they loved having their own table while my wife and I had a separate table for 2. We never had a problem getting a nearby table so we could keep an eye on them.

We have a group of 8 and that makes it difficult to get a lot of the reservations we want. So if I try to break it into 2 groups of 4, how does that work? Am I just trying to get 2 reservations around the same time? Do you then just eat separately? Or do you say something when you check in to see if you can be seated together?
If you have to split, make the first ADR in the name of one of the other guests who has their own MDE account, then you’ll be able to book the second ADR in your name.
Then when the time comes, make sure everyone is there 10-15 minutes before the earlier ADR, check in with the CM, not via MDE, and tell them you’re together and would like to be seated as close together as possible. Then be patient - they’ll do their best!

When we took my teenage daughter and some of her friends, they loved having their own table while my wife and I had a separate table for 2. We never had a problem getting a nearby table so we could keep an eye on them.
Our kids are not quite old enough for that yet. Between the 2 families (Me, my husband, my sister in law and her husband) we have 4 boys, 8, 9, 11, and 13. Leaving the 4 of them at a table with out direct supervision is asking for trouble lol. The 2 oldest would probably do alright on their own. But when you add their younger brothers, it's just asking for trouble

If you have to split, make the first ADR in the name of one of the other guests who has their own MDE account, then you’ll be able to book the second ADR in your name.
Then when the time comes, make sure everyone is there 10-15 minutes before the earlier ADR, check in with the CM, not via MDE, and tell them you’re together and would like to be seated as close together as possible. Then be patient - they’ll do their best!
I did this for our upcoming vacation. We're a family of 7, and for one restaurant, I had to make 3 reservations (2, 2, and 3). I made one reservation in my wife's name, one in my daughter's name, and the other in my name. My daughter has her own MDE account, but my wife does not. If they needed to make modifications, can I link the plans to their MDE accounts (my wife would have to get one)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter