Splitting a contract?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by JWimberley, Jan 13, 2007.

1. JWimberley

JWimberley Disney Owner (0.00000074%) ;o)

Is it possible to split a contract and sell a portion of your points?

IE: I find a great deal on say 500 points but I only need 200. Can I purchase the 500 point contract and then subdivide it and sell the 300 that I don't need?

Thanks for your unending patience while I mine the vast amount of knowledge and experience available here on the boards ;)

Joshua

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. AnnaS

AnnaS DIS Sponsoor/Veteran

No it is not possible. This is why we always recommend when buying in initially through Disney to split their contracts - 150 minimum purchase and balance in separate add-ons.

4. JWimberley

JWimberley Disney Owner (0.00000074%) ;o)

Well that explains the lower average cost of the larger contracts but it kind of bums me out at the same time... :sad1:

Ah well, guess I could always buy the large contract and sell my existing 150 instead, I'm sure I can come up with some way to use the excess points :rolleyes1

Thanks again for the help!

5. bjakmom

bjakmom DIS Veteran

Can you then sell add-ons separately from your original contract? What if you add on at different resorts?

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Yes, you can. They have their own contract number, even though it still is part of the master contract. xxxxx.0, xxxxx.1, etc.

7. Fatalbie

Fatalbie Mouseketeer

Maybe I should start a thread w/this question. Is there a place to ask or get info on what to expect if selling a smaller contract? I want to purchase 150 and a couple of smaller contracts of 25-50 as well.
    What type of closing costs on smaller etc.?
    I checked TTS and their frequently asked Q's do not really cover the selling aspect in detail. Any suggestions
    Jim

8. keishashadow

keishashadow <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

call & speak to an agent, they're happy to fax you a sample listing agreement, etc.

9. Fatalbie

Fatalbie Mouseketeer

I posted the question late last night, due to my addiction to reading about this stuff, and couldn't get an agent. I am currently awaiting a call back.
    I am trying disaster plan and gain flexibility with my initial purchase.
    Thanks for the response, I am trying to learn as much as possible b4 making a comitmnt.
    Jim

10. T.E. Yeary

T.E. Yeary The Timeshare Store, Inc

Send me a PM and I'll get the ball rolling!

Thanks,
    Tom:thumbsup2