Splitsville Luxury Lanes

weeniecat2442

DIS Veteran
anyone have any opinions on this place?
we are looking to spend sometime in DTD and thought this would be a fun place to get lunch (we are on DDP) and do some bowling.
we are 4 adult ladies and wanting to get out of the parks for a day.
just looking for thoughts on the food/ambiance/etc
thank you!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

My DH and I hit Splitsville as our welcome lunch on our arrival day every trip. We love sitting outside at the bar, having some slushy drinks and relaxing before we start the chaos of the parks. We really enjoy the food and drinks. Staff has always been very friendly. Can't speak to the bowling though, we've never tried it.

We did a package with DVC for bowling and meals. The bowling was okay, though I had only been once before so I can't really judge. My only issue was that we were a party of 8 and it was done by time, so we didn't get many turns each.

The food was good. It was a LOT of food, though. The portions are huge! Definitely take your time ordering (at least see apps if you order them before you order your main meal) so you don't end up with WAY too much food.

Not to hijack the thread, but is there any issue getting in to eat here without an ADR? No interest in bowling but would like to sit in the outdoor area weather permitting. It would be on our arrival day, so I'd prefer not to make an ADR (in November).

We enjoy doing the bowling and order a small snack also. It's expensive, but my son loves it, so we usually do it every trip.

Not to hijack the thread, but is there any issue getting in to eat here without an ADR? No interest in bowling but would like to sit in the outdoor area weather permitting. It would be on our arrival day, so I'd prefer not to make an ADR (in November).

We went over a busy holiday week last year and while the ADR website showed they were booked, when we asked to up our reservation from 5 to 10 it was no problem. Apparently they hold back a lot of tables and the place is HUGE. I thought the food was great though and they had something for everyone. A lot of fun!

We were planning on bowling a couple rounds on our DTD night in February. Do we have to book a table? Or can we eat at the lanes? I didn't even think of it before, but do we have to book lanes in advance? I saw some food on the menu I really wanted to try, but we will have already eaten dinner..so I was thinking of just ordering a couple little things and sharing them.

We visited WDW first week in August and went bowling for the first time here. Previously have had cocktails outside with friends at F&W. There were a total of 6 of us. My DH and I and the kids aged 17-25. We had a Priority Bowling Reservation, it was a bit pricey but with a larger group and a tight schedule I didn't want to have to wait. I booked directly with Splitsville We had a blast! The food was good, typical of what you would expect, although I will say the filet sliders were excellent. Definitely something I would want to do again. It was nice that for the food/beverages we could use our TIW card and also get the free valet parking. That was helpful with the craziness that is DTD right now I give it a thumbs up :thumbsup2

We went there on Thanksgiving Day last year and loved it. Oddly enough, we were in Orlando for the holidays but keeping park visits to a bare minimum, so we thought we'd hit Splitsville and see how we liked it. We got there right when they opened (10:30 or so) and had no problem at all getting it immediately. I think timing is pretty key to wait time. Walk-ups will pay less than a priority advanced reservation, so if going earlier in the day works for you, you'd have a better chance of a much shorter wait.

We (family of four) got a lane, and it seems like we had an hour and 15 minutes to bowl. A waitress came over immediately to see if we wanted food, and we ordered the filet sliders and a plate of cheese fries. Both were really good, and we would definitely order again. We did not feel rushed at all and had time to enjoy a couple of complete games of bowling, finish the food and relax.

And for what it's worth, they'll put up the bumpers on the lane if you want them...

My son and I did Splitsville in April. It was great fun and the food was terrific. Based on our experience, getting there early in the day was the way to go. We did and everything ran smoothly, but I noticed when we were leaving that the crowd had arrive and lanes were filling up. It was great though. Enjoy!

We had dinner and bowled here on a Sunday night last October (maybe about 8 or 9 pm). Our group consisted of 3 adults. We all had dinner during the game at a table for our lane. Booking a separate table to eat while bowling was not necessary. We also enjoyed some adult beverages. The place was not at all crowded. There was no wait to bowl and we did not have a reservation of any kind. It was a little pricey, but we would do it again. Food and drink were good, and the music/bowling/atmosphere were fun.

I remember sports on the TVs at the downstairs bar - don't know about Monday Night Football though.

You can have food at your lane and a server will check on you regularly. The food and drinks we've had were very good.

Bowling alley is clean and well-lit with clean bathrooms and a ton of fun for all ages. At least we've bowled with pre-teen and parents in their 80's. Everyone had a great time - even the cousins who didn't bowl.

Expensive but where else can you bowl upstairs while overlooking DTD? (Somehow, we usually get the lane next to the big window :scratchin)
Enjoy.

Do they have Monday night Football on at Splitsville?

Very likely that they would have MNF on at least a few of the many TVs there.

Wouldn't want to miss the Packers next Monday!

By the way, we ate there after attending the early Cirque show on Saturday, November 8 and we were seated without a wait at about 7:45 (party of 3). We all enjoyed our meals, so I would recommend giving it a try. I would compare it to eating at the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk.

I love Splitsville! I've only ever gone at night (cast members get great discounts after 10pm), so I can't say about how crowded it gets during the day/early evening. But the food is great (I love the pizza... its huge, enough to share), and the bowling is fun!

How much do they charge to pre reserve a lane? You get to bowl for 1 1/2 hours? Do they charge per person or per lane?

The fee is per person for one hour of bowling. On the Splitsville website, go to the Parties tab and it has information. Walking up and putting your name on the list is less expensive than reserving ahead of time.

There are better rates for bowling in the morning rather than in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter