• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Splitsville, Downtown Disney

We were at DTD on Monday night. They are working on the exterior and it looks like they have more than a few weeks to go. Obviously I have no idea about the entire. For some reason I'm going to guess that it will open on Dec. 6 just like all the other rehabs and building sites

I still miss the Adventurer's Club. That was a theming success. But I don't know if you can do as much with a bowling alley but if anyone can, it's Disney.

This is what I was coming to ask... Will you need to make reservations in advance (like far in advance, before your trip?) If so, how will they be made? On the Splitsville website or through Disney?

Let's get this thread rocking again. What are the word on reservations. We have a big group of friends gathering at WDW in july. We usually have a meet-up to get re-acquainted and Splitsville sounds like fun. Only question is can we make reservations fo 3-4 lanes.

And as quick as that, an answer. It was hidden under the restaurant information on the Disney Site.

At this time, Splitsville accommodates walk-in Guests only; advance reservations are not yet available. To secure a table or bowling lane, please visit the Splitsville greeter for assistance.

Anyone have any up-to-date info?

I called yesterday to get info for our July trip. You can make reservations in advance. Its $125/hour for up to 8 people...no matter how many people you actually have. This does not include shoes. you can do what you want with that hour...bowl, or just sit there and eat. If you walk up its cheaper and does include shoes, but they said they're predicting crazy crowds this summer. We actually thought of eating there as well, but not sure if we make a reservation to bowl, put our name in to eat, or just eat while we bowl. She said they are trying to work on getting the dining portion of it on to disney dining reservation system.

Is there more to do than bowl? I noticed that our local location apparently has some games and pool tables.

I called yesterday to get info for our July trip. You can make reservations in advance. Its $125/hour for up to 8 people...no matter how many people you actually have. This does not include shoes. you can do what you want with that hour...bowl, or just sit there and eat. If you walk up its cheaper and does include shoes, but they said they're predicting crazy crowds this summer. We actually thought of eating there as well, but not sure if we make a reservation to bowl, put our name in to eat, or just eat while we bowl. She said they are trying to work on getting the dining portion of it on to disney dining reservation system.

For real???

Bowling at the local bowling alley here costs around $3.25/string/person, with another buck or so for shoe rental. You can get about 2 or so strings in per hour, so that would be $13 for a party of 2 plus shoe rentals. If Splitsville is seriously $125/hour I can't imagine ever bowling here...

OK, research pays off. Their website notes weekday day-time rates at $15/person and weekend and weekday night rates at $20/person (shoes included in both rates). It also notes parties of 1-3 get an hour. So that is not so bad. The typical Orlando inflation I would expect :)

We are thinking of bowling one morning during the first week of June, has anybody bowled in the morning? Was it crowded?

We are thinking of bowling one morning during the first week of June, has anybody bowled in the morning? Was it crowded?

DD and I bowled on a weekday morning around 10am (I think :)) and it was not crowded at all. It was January, so probably a slower time, but I would still think it most likely would not be crowded on a morning the first week in June.
We had such a fun time. It was fairly reasonably priced by Disney (location) standards, not crowded, and we had great service getting set up. We passed this time around on ordering food, but we used the Freestyle Coke machine.
We bowled upstairs~ a great location.
It was one of the highlights of our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter