• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split Stays

chrismom3

I want to live on Main Street!
We've been going to WDW every year since my 17 year old was a baby, however, we've never done a split stay. So this year we're going to try to do 3 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge and 7 nights at the Yacht Club. Can anyone tell me how this works as far as buying park passes and dining as part of a package? Is it considered 2 separate reservations? Also how does it work with booking dining reservations and fastpasses? Thanks!

We've been going to WDW every year since my 17 year old was a baby, however, we've never done a split stay. So this year we're going to try to do 3 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge and 7 nights at the Yacht Club. Can anyone tell me how this works as far as buying park passes and dining as part of a package? Is it considered 2 separate reservations? Also how does it work with booking dining reservations and fastpasses? Thanks!
Yes, it's like two separate trips, so you can do the same package for each (if available) or do different ones, or a package for one with park tickets to cover the whole stay and a room only for the other. You'll have two separate 180 day marks for dining so you'll be able to book through your check-out day the first one. The last I knew you would be able to book fastpasses for the whole trip as long as you had tickets to cover the number of days.

Bell services will transfer your luggage but if you have a car it is easier to do it yourself. On your transfer day you can decide if first available room is a priority for your room requests. If it isn't it's probably best to plan to spend the day in the parks until late in the afternoon in case your room isn't ready, and also your luggage if you have bell services transfer it for you.

Last edited:
Just a warning..if you have bell services transfer your luggage it will be late. Ours did not arrive until after 5pm. So maybe put stuff you need in small bag.

If you want tickets and dining for both stays, the best thing to do is book your first reservation with room, dining and entire length of stay tickets (including the days in the parks during the second reservation). Then, for the second resort stay, call in your reservation and ask for a "ticketless package" which is a room plus dining reservation (these are only available by calling in). If any discounts come out, you can see if the first reservation is eligible for either a room-only or free dining promo. The second reservation may be eligible for a room-only discount (if something is released for your travel period). You could also do "ticketless packages" for both reservations and buy your tickets from a third-party discounter like Undercover Tourist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter