Split stays- multiple magic bands?

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Hello! How do magic bands work for split stays?
A friend stated that if you stay in two different Disney owned resorts (for example, SSR and POR), you'd get two separate magic bands per resort.

I will be doing a split at Dolphin and WL, so I know that I won't get bands for Dolphin but figured I could get them for WL and use them for Dolphin. Am I correct?

Your Magic Band should work as your ticket and for FP+ while you are at Dolphin, but I don't think you can use it to charge anything and definitely not to open your door.

Hello! How do magic bands work for split stays?
A friend stated that if you stay in two different Disney owned resorts (for example, SSR and POR), you'd get two separate magic bands per resort.

I will be doing a split at Dolphin and WL, so I know that I won't get bands for Dolphin but figured I could get them for WL and use them for Dolphin. Am I correct?
Yes, you do get a MB for every reservation.
That said, you are not required to use them all.
You can even turn down the 2nd set if you want.
A MB doesn't do anything but act as the key for the Mickey readers to access the data stored in your MDE account.
The only thing a MB will do for you for the portion of your stay at the Dolphin is access your ticket and you can use it for photos

When we did a split stay (POP and AKL) we got two sets of bands, one for each reservation and we were able to use them interchangeably without having to do anything (We also were able to use our MB from previous trips). You may have some differences because you are staying at the Dolphin, since the Swan and the Dolphin aren't actually owned by Disney. I thought that they they did't have MB (maybe that's not right)

When we did a split stay (POP and AKL) we got two sets of bands, one for each reservation and we were able to use them interchangeably without having to do anything (We also were able to use our MB from previous trips). You may have some differences because you are staying at the Dolphin, since the Swan and the Dolphin aren't actually owned by Disney. I thought that they they did't have MB (maybe that's not right)
Nope, you're right. There will be no MB at Swolphin. If OP has a Magic Band, the tickets and Memory Maker can be linked, but it won't be possible to charge to the band as a Swolphin guest during that stay, and they will have a legit room key.

Okay, thank you all!

I was a little nervous, especially since my WL stay is after my Dolphin stay. I just hope everything goes smoothly:)

No bands for the Dolphin stay. While staying at the Dolphin, you won't be able to use a band to open your resort door or charge back to your room, but you can still use them for park entrance, fastpass redemption and photo uploads.

I was just wondering the same thing! Thanks for asking this question. We are doing a split stay (Poly/BLT) and will have two sets of bands. I don't really need the two sets and was going to click on "decline."

So to clarify: If I decline the second set of magic bands, will my first and only set still be active and valid even after I've checked out of Poly? I don't want to lose my fast pass reservations etc.

I realize I can call Disney to ask this question, but you all are so smart!

I was just wondering the same thing! Thanks for asking this question. We are doing a split stay (Poly/BLT) and will have two sets of bands. I don't really need the two sets and was going to click on "decline."

So to clarify: If I decline the second set of magic bands, will my first and only set still be active and valid even after I've checked out of Poly? I don't want to lose my fast pass reservations etc.

Your fast passes are linked to your park tickets, not the magic bands, so everything should be fine. We probably have at least 5 magic bands, for each of us, in our MDE account, and they all work interchangeably. Just make sure your tickets are linked in your MDE account, and you're "good to go".

One band will work for both reservations. In fact, one band will work for every reservation that you have for the next few years, as long as the battery still works. :) I have a few favorite bands from 2014 that I still use. :)

Bands do not go inactive on their own. You have to make them inactive on MDE.
Active Bands access MDE which is where your FP are, as long as you have tickets you have FP
You'll be fine

The bands are good for as long as the battery holds out. Members of my family brought with them MB's from a trip last year that they had custom painted, and they worked fine on a trip three weeks ago. As explained by a guest services person at Typhoon Lagoon, everything ties into your "account", so any new tickets/reservations in your account get picked up by any MB's under your name. When going to Typhoon Lagoon, we were using old "pluses" left on tickets from 2002, which they honored and converted into new "RFID" cards, but they said they could have also been put onto our MB's.

The bands are good for as long as the battery holds out. Members of my family brought with them MB's from a trip last year that they had custom painted, and they worked fine on a trip three weeks ago. As explained by a guest services person at Typhoon Lagoon, everything ties into your "account", so any new tickets/reservations in your account get picked up by any MB's under your name. When going to Typhoon Lagoon, we were using old "pluses" left on tickets from 2002, which they honored and converted into new "RFID" cards, but they said they could have also been put onto our MB's.
Even longer for things like dining, purchases, room entry, FP and tickets. For those it gets it's power from the reader so there is no time where they'd quit working. The only thing the battery is needed for is the long range readers, so ride photos or the custom displays at like Small World or RnR

even if the battery goes out you will still be able to use bands for anything for which you actually have to touch it to a scanner (park entry, resort door, fastpasses, touch to pay).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter