Split stay ?

pinkvol7

Mouseketeer
This is our first time flying (we lived 6 hours closer on all previous trips). We are arriving a night earlier than our DVC rental starts and we are staying at Pop. Which is the best way to get to SSR from Pop? Should we take a cab so we can have our luggage right away (we have dinner reservations at 50's PT at 5 followed by an evening at DHS) or let Pop send it over and ride to DS and walk over to SSR? And will we be ok letting DME gets our checked bag? We are arriving at 3:50pm. We will only have 1 checked bag.

Yes, DME will be fine with your checked bag. Won't be an issue. As far as his best to move from Pop to SSR....I would take a cab, with the checked bag.
I have had Disney move my bags many times. And not once have I had those bags before 5! And when I've been able to get into my new room early, it was a pain to not be able to get settled.
If you won't need the bags until after your 50's ADR, then sure, let Disney move the bags. Then head to a park if you want, or take the bus to DS and walk or boat to SSR.

I agree with the PP - I have actually done split stays many times and have had great success with luggage transfer with our bags at the resort when we checked in at about 4ish. In your situation though if you want to change and freshen up prior to your adr I would take a cab and move my bags myself to be sure you have them. You will have to spring for a cab and then probably store your bags at bell services but IMHO it will be worth it if you want to shower and change.

If your going straight from the park to the ADR then I would just let WDW move the bags and use WDW transportation.

Awesome thanks! We are planning on sleeping in a little and not leaving Pop until 11. We will grab a cab to SSR, store our bags if we need to and walk over to DS for lunch. Hopefully our room will be ready before our ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter