• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split stay?

Miandrea

<font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br> <font color=b
I am heading to Vegas in August...we have 2 free nights at the Tropicana. We are planning on staying another two nights. What are the pros and cons of changing hotels for two nights? I want to stay more in the middle (bellagio, mirage, Venetian, Wynn). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

By the way, I've stayed at the Aria and the MGM Grand before and I find I am always spending more time in the middle of the strip.

Good point...I am pretty much convinced I want to do a split stay. Thanks for your help!

An obvious con would be the hassle of checking out and checking in again.

What would the check-out time be? Check-in time?

Hopefully you're traveling light.

gary

Only con that I can think of is the hold hotels put on credit cards. I don't know if Tropicana puts a hold on a credit cards, but I know MGM properties do. DW and I did a split stay once. Had credit to use from Expedia and the Palms had a good deal. We booked Palms for one night, and then switched over to Mirage for 3 more nights. Palms put a hold on our cc for $100, even though the room was already paid for. Took them a week to release it. Mirage did the same. So between the 2 hotels, there was a $400 hold on our cc that wasn't released until a week after our trip.

On this particular trip, DW and I were counting on some of that money to eat out. It was a last minute trip and we hadn't really planned it out. We had no problems charging back to our room from other MGM properties; but there were some non MGM properties we had planned on eating at that we skipped out on because of this reason. Just a heads up to make sure and have enough credit on your credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter