• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

split stay

spinningdisney

Earning My Ears
I know this has been answered somewhere on one of the boards, but I can't seem to locate it right now. If we split our stay between hotels, will we be responsible for using buses to get our luggage from one hotel to the other, or is there a service that does this?

We are booked at the Contemporary for a week, but will be arriving a couple of days early with the intention/hope to visit Seaworld. Our original plan was to stay outside Disney for the first couple of days but as I look for hotels, it looks like we might save a few pennies on the room rate, but we'll make up the difference and then some after we pay for a taxi from the hotel, and then taxis to DTD and Seaworld.

I'm bumping this, because I have questions about it, as well...

I know Bell Services will transfer your luggage between resorts if you're doing a split stay.

I'd love to hear some personal experiences about this. How long does it usually take them to deliver your luggage to the new resort? Have they ever been known to lose luggage?

I've done split stays before, but have always just jumped in a cab and brought my luggage myself to the new resort, because I like knowing exactly where my stuff is! But on my upcoming trip, it would make things much simpler if I know I can trust them to do it for me...

TIA for any replies!

Disney will deliver your luggage to your new resort. We just came back from a split stay. At AKL, we brought our luggage to bell services in the morning. Then, we went to Animal Kingdom. Later that day, bell services delivered the luggage to our new room at Beach Club. Easy peasy.

In our case, the luggage was already in our room when we got there about 5:30. A family member had arrived before us, and made arrangements for delivery. I think she did that about 3 pm? We had no problems with lost or delayed luggage.

So many people now do split stays that it does take a while for your luggage to arrive at the next resort. Have Bell Services pick it up early in the morning, tell them your next hotel, and they will tag each piece and give you receipts. It is then really easy to go on to a park and spend a large part of the day there. The luggage will not reach your next hotel until at least after 3:00. Once you check in there, and get to your room, call bell services and tell them you transferred over and are ready to receive your luggage.

Make sure to take whatever you need for the day with you, since your luggage will be "in transit" for a good part of the day.

Thank you SOOO much for this info. I think you just "sealed our deal" about staying on site or off for the first couple of days. I think the added cost of a value as opposed to an off site DTD hotel will pay itself just in the transport from the airport and to the Contemporary when we're ready.
Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter