Split stay without a car

DoryDorito

Mouseketeer
We've never done a split stay before and I'd like more information before I consider doing so. We are booked for a week at our home resort. I'm considering a split stay between BLT and BWV the third week of January (if time makes a difference). We very likely will not have a car so we will be dependent on Disney Transportation. I know they don't allow luggage on the buses.

My question is, how would we get our belonging from one resort to the next? I know they will transfer our luggage but what about our food? Is this even feasible without a car or is it too much of a hassle? I suppose we could rent a taxi if that was the only way.

We've never done a split stay before and I'd like more information before I consider doing so. We are booked for a week at our home resort. I'm considering a split stay between BLT and BWV the third week of January (if time makes a difference). We very likely will not have a car so we will be dependent on Disney Transportation. I know they don't allow luggage on the buses.

My question is, how would we get our belonging from one resort to the next? I know they will transfer our luggage but what about our food? Is this even feasible without a car or is it too much of a hassle? I suppose we could rent a taxi if that was the only way.

Bell services will transfer your bags for you. When you check in at the new resort they will send the bags up to your room. If you can put your food in a box or bag they will do that as well. Speak to them about any items that may need to be kept chilled.

Split stays are really easy to do. Go for it .

On move day:
Call Bell Services and have them come pick-up your luggage and refrigerated items. Be sure to inform them that you have items to keep cold.
Tell them where you are transferring too.
Check-in to your new resort.
Go do whatever you want that day.
After getting your room text and you are back in it (items are not at your new resort until 2 - 4 PM), call Bell Services to have the items delivered to your room.
NOTE: You must be in the room for the pick-up and delivery.

Don't expect the transferred items to get there until official checkin time.

And yep, you can always grab a taxi.

You can obviously do what PP suggested but I was worried about food so we took a cab. It was $20 including tip. We got really lucky because our room was ready (around 11:30 AKV) so we were able to get everything put away before we headed out for the day.

We just have bell services come get our luggage and groceries and tell which hotel we are transferring to. We then go to our park of choice (usually AK that day because of the shorter hours) and when finished, take a bus to the new resort to check-in. In December, it worked out perfectly that we got to OKW at 4, our room was ready, and our bags had just arrived! Easy peasy!

Thanks everyone for the responses. I still haven't decided if I'm brave enough to do a split stay just because it feels like a hassle. But let's say for arguments sake, if we did one part of the week at BLT, where would you recommend for the other part? We've only stayed at AKV and HHI. We are still new to DVC so we have years to stay at all the resorts.

I like the business of BLT so we'd be looking for something quieter.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I still haven't decided if I'm brave enough to do a split stay just because it feels like a hassle. But let's say for arguments sake, if we did one part of the week at BLT, where would you recommend for the other part? We've only stayed at AKV and HHI. We are still new to DVC so we have years to stay at all the resorts. I like the business of BLT so we'd be looking for something quieter.

We find both OKW and SSR very relaxing and quiet!

We did our first split stay in November. Two days at AKV, five at BLT. We had bell services move our luggage - went to park for the day and then checked in to BLT. It wasn't hard, but we prefer to keep our stay to one resort. It just feels more relaxed us to stay I one resort and settle in for the week.

We did our first split stay in November. Two days at AKV, five at BLT. We had bell services move our luggage - went to park for the day and then checked in to BLT. It wasn't hard, but we prefer to keep our stay to one resort. It just feels more relaxed us to stay I one resort and settle in for the week.
Our first split stay involved 5 resorts over 11 days! Disney makes it so easy. It is exactly as everyone has described. I brought a large soft sided cooler and some reusable plastic shopping bags for the food. All the cold stuff was kept cold.
We also left 4 of our bags with bell services when we stayed outside of WDW for 2 nights. We sent them on to our next DVC and the bags were held till we got there.
BLT and BWV are perfect compliments for a split stay. When at BLT, do MK, and at BWV, go to Epcot and DHS. If you can add an 8th day , and do 2 nights at AKL, and 3 nights at BLT and BWV, it would be perfect.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, just a quick question.....

I'm booking my first DVC trip this November and will almost certainly need to do a split stay (still in ROFR and won't be able to book for perhaps another 6-8 weeks). If I book two separate stays and elect to use Magical Express, do I select only arrival service for the first reservation and then only departure service for the second resort? I'm assuming you can book DME via the DVC member website. Thanks!!

Not meaning to hijack the thread, just a quick question..... I'm booking my first DVC trip this November and will almost certainly need to do a split stay (still in ROFR and won't be able to book for perhaps another 6-8 weeks). If I book two separate stays and elect to use Magical Express, do I select only arrival service for the first reservation and then only departure service for the second resort? I'm assuming you can book DME via the DVC member website. Thanks!!

Yes, you would book two one -way segments with DME.

We are doing a three resort visit...leaving TOMORROW :goodvibes. BCV 4 nights, OKW HH GV 8 nights and VGF for the last two. We are very excited to have different experiences at each of them.

WE split stay all the time. If I don't have a car, then I just have bell services move everything and take a taxi to my next resort...it's pretty simple.

Just be sure to leave out swimsuits from what you send to the 2nd resort if you plan to hang at the pool until your room is ready. The luggage from BLT to BWV doesn't usually get there until after 3.

We made that mistake once. Our room was ready by 1:30 and we headed back from the park, only to remember we had packed everything...so, we couldn't go and enjoy the pool..

And my kids consider a taxi ride to be as thrilling as any of the theme parks rides, and you don't usually have to wait in line! Usually less than $20 anywhere on Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter