• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split Stay with Non-MB and MB Resort?

brown2mj

Earning My Ears
Ok, I keep hearing different reports on how this will work if you have a split stay between a resort with MB and one without. Has anyone actually done this yet with a MB? Were you able to use FP+ for the entire stay? Some say they are able to select FP+ for the entire stay on MDE and others report that IT says they won't work after you check out of the MB testing resort. Just hoping to hear from someone who has actually done this rather than someone speculating. If I missed a post addressing this already, Sorry! Thanks in advance for the help!

Ok, I keep hearing different reports on how this will work if you have a split stay between a resort with MB and one without. Has anyone actually done this yet with a MB? Were you able to use FP+ for the entire stay? Some say they are able to select FP+ for the entire stay on MDE and others report that IT says they won't work after you check out of the MB testing resort. Just hoping to hear from someone who has actually done this rather than someone speculating. If I missed a post addressing this already, Sorry! Thanks in advance for the help!

During TESTING all bets are off.
The bands have been tied to individual resort stays.

Eventually, it won't be a problem.
The bands will not THEN be tied to any resort, on-property or off.

We just did a triple split stay, with only the middle resort being a testing resort. Our resort reservations were linked in the system, and we were able to use the same bands as room keys, tickets (AP's), and for room charges at all three resorts. We had no problem reserving FP+'s for the testing resort or the one after that. We weren't able to reserve anything for the days at the first resort.

However, on the days before we checked in at the testing resort , we went to Guest Relations at both MK and AK, and were able to book same-day FP+'s for those parks from the FP+ kiosks at Guest Relations. The app and website still wouldn't let us make reservations, but we could at the kiosks.

Just read this post to another question so I'm hopeful that it will works and some of the kinks will be worked out by the end of October!!!

I've been told pretty much what Robo said by one of the CMs who work with the Fastpass+.

But just so you know, if Robo answers your question, in my experience, you're unlikely to get better answers from anyone else.

I have a reservation at POFQ ( non testing) beginning 9/20 for 9 nights. About 10 days ago, I booked a RO ressie for Pop (testing) checking in on the 19. Immediately I was able to customize our MB on MDE. They were shipped overnight 3 days later. I have been able to make FP+ ressies for all of our days because the Pop and POFQ (which is booked as a package including park tickets) are linked together. I am waiting to hear reports back from people who are doing this in early Sept as to whether or not this will still work if I cancel the RO at Pop. It is worth it to me to eat the expense of the room for the convenience of FP+.

I have a reservation at POFQ ( non testing) beginning 9/20 for 9 nights. About 10 days ago, I booked a RO ressie for Pop (testing) checking in on the 19. Immediately I was able to customize our MB on MDE. They were shipped overnight 3 days later. I have been able to make FP+ ressies for all of our days because the Pop and POFQ (which is booked as a package including park tickets) are linked together. I am waiting to hear reports back from people who are doing this in early Sept as to whether or not this will still work if I cancel the RO at Pop. It is worth it to me to eat the expense of the room for the convenience of FP+.

You'll have to let us know if it works well when you get back because this is exactly what I'm looking to do. We need a room anyway for the night we arrive late, so it might as well be Pop! The person I quoted above makes it sound like it should work!

I realize up front this post won't be a lot of help, but I can pass along what I've heard...

We have a split stay coming up in Oct - Pop (testing) first and SF (non-testing) following. I have been able to make FP+ reservations through the entire trip and everything (tickets, resort reservations, FP+) shows up in MDE.

I called and asked the IT department whether or not I would be able to link my room key at the GF to the Magic Band. He said - absolutely... once you have the magic band it is yours to keep and all room keys, charging privileges, tickets, etc. will be addable for any future stays - including the GF as a non-testing resort.

Fast forward to yesterday when I was dealing with an unrelated MDE issue and I called Disney IT again. This time I was told "There is absolutely no way to link your GF room key to my magic bands since they are not a testing resort. If you show it to the front desk, they will look at you like you are crazy - they will have never seen one before". I swear that was nearly word for word. I find it impossible to believe they would have never seen a band before, but I'm not sure about the inability to link them. I explained that was in direct contradiction to what a colleague of hers told me a week prior, but she insisted she was correct. The second half of her comment certainly dinged her credibility with me, but I can't be certain she is wrong across the board.

So, that leaves me with exactly 50% of the Disney employees I've talked to gave me the answer I wanted to hear and 50% gave me the answer I did not want to hear. Good stuff!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. By the time I know for sure, it will probalby be common knowledge :)

I will report back on my experience this weekend. I have a RO reservation at the Pop and will be checking into a non-testing resort on Saturday. At this point it doesn't look as if we're going to be able to get out on Friday, so we won't be checking in to the Pop at all. All of our reservations are linked on MDE, so my best guess is that the bands and FP+ will work because of the linkage. I'm not canceling the Pop reservation because I don't want to "break" anything.

I'll subscribe to this post and wait for your report.

Thanks and have a great time!

I realize up front this post won't be a lot of help, but I can pass along what I've heard...

We have a split stay coming up in Oct - Pop (testing) first and SF (non-testing) following. I have been able to make FP+ reservations through the entire trip and everything (tickets, resort reservations, FP+) shows up in MDE.

I called and asked the IT department whether or not I would be able to link my room key at the GF to the Magic Band. He said - absolutely... once you have the magic band it is yours to keep and all room keys, charging privileges, tickets, etc. will be addable for any future stays - including the GF as a non-testing resort.

Fast forward to yesterday when I was dealing with an unrelated MDE issue and I called Disney IT again. This time I was told "There is absolutely no way to link your GF room key to my magic bands since they are not a testing resort. If you show it to the front desk, they will look at you like you are crazy - they will have never seen one since before". I swear that was nearly word for word. I find it impossible to believe they would have never seen a band before, but I'm not sure about the inability to link them. I explained that was in direct contradiction to what a colleague of hers told me a week prior, but she insisted she was correct. The second half of her comment certainly dinged her credibility with me, but I can't be certain she is wrong across the board.

So, that leaves me with exactly 50% of the Disney employees I've talked to gave me the answer I wanted to hear and 50% gave me the answer I did not want to hear. Good stuff!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. By the time I know for sure, it will probalby be common knowledge :)

This is exactly what happened to me, except I got THREE different answers. The first CM told me, "Absolutely, at Wilderness Lodge they'll just tap it to set it up and you'll be good." The second CM told me that after I check out of POP, the magic band will no longer work, but that the front desk at WL could put all my FP+ selections on my KTTW card. The third told me that the only FP+ that would be valid were during my POP stay and that the others would be cancelled when I checked out, despite the fact that I had no tickets associated with my POP stay, so I should not have been able to select any, if it were only related to the night at POP.

So who knows?!

I also would love to know this. What are the in-park FP+ kiosks at Guest Relations? That would be interesting to try out for FP+. We have 7 nights at CSR before moving to POR and getting to test FP+ for just our 1 MK day. We should get our custome magicbands soon though, they have been ordered, I would love to have FP+ for the remaining park days if we could even though CSR isn't part of the test! it would save DH from having to criss-cross EPCOT and HS at a bare minimum for the regular FP!

I think the reason the MB won't work if the non-testing resort stay is prior to the resort-testing stay is that the MB eligibility is triggered by the reservation made with the testing resort. So the MBs are not "seeing" anything on MDE prior to the reservation date. However, once MB eligibility is triggered, the MBs "see" what is linked on MDE (or Disney's MDE counterpart). The MB does not look backward, only forward. We could all learn a little something from a MB, I think. :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter