Split Stay with Laptop?

jessily

DIS Veteran
I will be staying in January and transferring from either All Star Music or Dolphin over to BCV. We plan to go to MK on the day we transfer resorts and are undecided whether we will move our luggage ourselves, check in early, and leave everything until our room is available or whether we will have Disney transfer our luggage (if we end up staying at Music). I don't normally take the laptop on vacation, but am considering it for this trip since I will be there a few days before the Half Marathon alone and want to keep myself entertained and off my feet as the race gets closer.

Are there lockers anywhere where I could keep my laptop on the day we transfer hotels? I'm sure others have run into this situation before. Did you just carry your computer around with you? Leave it with your luggage? I'm thinking it is probably more trouble than it's worth, but wanted to hear what some others have to say. Thanks!

we just came back from a split stay a few weeks ago. We went from ASMusic to WL. We took dh laptop with us for when we checked in at WL, cause our package actually started that day and needed our "keys to the World" to get into MK. When we were there he gave it to luggage area and they gave him a claim ticket and we retrieved it when we claimed our luggage to be brought to our room.

We've either carried it with us for that day or put it carefully inside other luggage inside our cases. Never had a problem either way fortunately

I've never had a problem with leaving a laptop with Disney luggage service. I've even left ours out in the open in the room and plugged in (not connected to the internet).

I had to leave my laptop and luggage with luggage services once, at Port Orleans. I locked my laptop in my suitcase.

We always let luggage hold it along with our suitcases til the room is ready or on check out day. I just make sure to put it in a well padded laptop bag. I also tell them it is a laptop and the tag they put on it states it's a laptop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter