Split Stay W/ Dining - clarification

tiki23

Able to leap a double stroller in a single bound!
Hi All! Planning another trip for 2007 - once just wasn't enough! :cool1:

We really liked the dining plan, but I want to save a little money, too, so this is what I want to do:

8 nights at Pop Century, with 9 days of tickets, with 6 nights on the dining plan. The first 5 nights/6 days would be on the dining plan, the remaining 2 nights/3 days would NOT be on the dining plan.

What is the cheapest way to accomplish this? Can I buy the whole 9 days of tickets with my first ressie and only have 6 days of dining? In essence having a 2 night room-only reservation with park tickets carrying over from the first reservation?

I'm sorry for posting another question about this, I did do a search, but it's confusing! :confused3

TIA for your help! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

The dining plan is determined on how many nights you stay at your resort. So if you want 6 days, you could check into your hotel on your first day and not use any credits, but you would still have 7 ts, 7 cs and 7 snacks to use for those 8 day's. Your credits expire the day you check out, they do not carry over to your next hotel.

You could eleminate a day at POP, thus you would have your 6 days.

Thanks OMari, maybe I didn't make myself clear. In fact, I think I confused myself, lol.

The Dining Plan is tied to your hotel stay; park tickets are not, is that correct?

We want to stay 8 nights. Can I buy a 9 day park pass and then add dining to 5 nights of it if I have a continuing room-only ressie for the remaining 3 nights?

Thanks so much!

tiki23 said:
We want to stay 8 nights. Can I buy a 9 day park pass and then add dining to 5 nights of it if I have a continuing room-only ressie for the remaining 3 nights?

Thanks so much!

That's how my reservation is booked for May/June. I had no troubles, once the travel agent understood what I was trying to do! I did three ressies back-to-back: 1-nt, 7 nts with 10 day tickets and dining plan, 3 nts. This seemed like the best way for us to not waste food/money and still do the dining plan.

Good luck with yours, and have a great trip! :goodvibes

Sue in Texas

tiki23 said:
Thanks OMari, maybe I didn't make myself clear. In fact, I think I confused myself, lol.

The Dining Plan is tied to your hotel stay; park tickets are not, is that correct?

Thanks so much!

You can only get the dining with a package and the package means, rack rate room, and TICKETS. You could purchase a package with a one day ticket for 6 nights. You would get the 6 nights of dining (7 days--which must be used by midnight on checkout day). You can take your one day tickets to guest relations and upgrade them to a 9 day tickets. You can then get a room only reservation to tack on to the end of your stay--no dining for these days, but you don't have to buy another ticket. Tell the CM that you have a continuing reservation and HOPE that you can stay in your existing room. Keep in mind they try to do this but it is not guaranteed. You do need to check out and check in on the last day of your first resevation. Hope this helps.

Yes, you should be able to do what you are wanting.
I did something similar with my reservation. I orginally had a 11 night package with dining and 8 days tickets. But then when the code discount for January come out it was for a maximum of 10 nights, so I split my stay to 10 nights with dining and 8 day tickets, then did a room only for the last night.

Thanks so much for the replies, everyone! :)

We had such a good time on our first trip that we really want to go back next year (heck, we'd go back next week if we could!) but we need to cut expenses to make it work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter