Split stay two resorts - question on Magicbands

LLOC33

Mouseketeer
We are doing a split stay between Art of Animation and Beach Club. When I went online to sign-up to ensure my reservations were linked and to pick colors for my magic bands, they had me select them for both resorts. It looks like I will get two sets. Is this right? The first reservation has the park tickets and the BC only has the room. So do I have to wear both bands once I move to BC?

Right. Nothing is on the bands, its all linked to MDE. You can wear the first set the whole time or switch back and forth I'd you want.

Right now they are sending a set of MBs for each reservation. They will all be attached to your MDE account, and they will all (barring glitches) work interchangeably. Have some fun, get different colors.

Does anyone know if you can still request KTTW cards for backup if you have MB's? I know that you can (in theory) still get a card instead of a band but will they issue both if you ask? It's not like they are a key to double dipping now so the only advantage I'm after is a fall-back

We just did a split stay (added an extra night at the last minute.) We had one set of magic bands for both resorts because we added that second night so late.
Just wanted to add that we found it worked best if we actually checked out of resort #1, so that when we checked into resort #2, we had no problems with our bands. Because the bands just link to MDE, I understand they can get confused if they think you're still checked in at resort #1!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter