Split stay - thoughts

Universal is a great resort to visit and to stay onsite at. Most people do not realize that Universal is relatively small and the entire complex is within walking distance with the exception of the Wet N' Wild water park. There are 4 onsite hotels, 3 of which are classified as deluxe and 1 value/moderate. All of the onsite hotels (as well as numerous partner hotels) provide Early Park Entry to both WWHOP Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. The 3 deluxes include free unlimited Universal Express Pass for each person staying in the room. I am staying at Cabana Bay which is their value/moderate resort just to save a little bit of money. I will lose out on the EP, but I have never needed them in the past as we travel in September. You should definately consider a split stay at Universal and Disney.

If we go, it will probably be mid-October. We don't really plan on doing much else at Universal, but I'm saying that without doing any research on Universal at all :D. Is it worth doing Cabana Bay and skipping the EP or will we need that for the Harry Potter attractions?

If we go, it will probably be mid-October. We don't really plan on doing much else at Universal, but I'm saying that without doing any research on Universal at all :D. Is it worth doing Cabana Bay and skipping the EP or will we need that for the Harry Potter attractions?

The main Harry Potter attractions are NOT included in Express Pass so staying at a deluxe would not be beneficial to you if you don't care about the other attractions. However, Universal has a lot of good rides other than Harry Potter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter