split stay strategy

lavatea

Earning My Ears
I hope this is a good place to post. Wasn't sure which of the forums to post in.

Working on planning a trip for October. It will be 10 people total (6 Disney adults, 3 Disney kids, and 1 1yo). To try to keep costs as low as possible, we're considering a split stay (half renting points and half in an AirBnb).

Should we do the on-property half first or second? And how does this affect the ADR window and FP+ window? I'm going to be trying to book us into Crystal Palace breakfast, CRT breakfast, and Tusker house breakfast, so I feel like I probably need to use my ADR window to the fullest advantage.

How many days? Going to have rent 2 cars? Vs just Disney bus in and out? For that many folks, and since 1 is 1yr old the 2bedroom for 9+1 seems perfect for the entire stay!

How many days? Going to have rent 2 cars? Vs just Disney bus in and out? For that many folks, and since 1 is 1yr old the 2bedroom for 9+1 seems perfect for the entire stay!

Trying to figure out total days still, but likely 3 one place, 4 the other. We'll be driving in from out of state, and we will likely be in two cars, yes.

You think the cost of parking at the parks for two cars for the off-site days is going to offset the cost savings?

You think the cost of parking at the parks for two cars for the off-site days is going to offset the cost savings?

It’ll be $50 a day for two cars to park.

For dining reservations, you don’t have to be onsite to book them so you can book them 180 days out. For FP, you have thirty days for offsite and 60 for onsite. The big advantage there is that you get 60 days from your first day, so you can actually book 60+5 if you’re staying 5 days, because you can book FP for your whole trip at that one time if staying onsite. For offsite, it’s a strict 30 days for each day

It’ll be $50 a day for two cars to park.

For dining reservations, you don’t have to be onsite to book them so you can book them 180 days out. For FP, you have thirty days for offsite and 60 for onsite. The big advantage there is that you get 60 days from your first day, so you can actually book 60+5 if you’re staying 5 days, because you can book FP for your whole trip at that one time if staying onsite. For offsite, it’s a strict 30 days for each day

I'm wondering how the +10 window for ADRs will be affected, and also the FP+ window if we split.

How much is it to park the car at the resort now? Is that going to be a wash (on-site at resort vs off-site at park)?

The resort parking is tiered for value, moderates, and deluxe. I think it’s $15 for values, $20 for moderates, and $25 for deluxe now.

So it could very well be a wash. If you have free parking at your offsite place, you may consider taking an Uber or something if you don’t need car seats. Probably cheaper!

The ADRs are booked at up to 180 days out, whether onsite or off site. The FP window if you split will be as mentioned- 60 days from the first day of your trip through the rest of the stay, or off site at 30 days out from each day.

I hope this is a good place to post. Wasn't sure which of the forums to post in.

Working on planning a trip for October. It will be 10 people total (6 Disney adults, 3 Disney kids, and 1 1yo). To try to keep costs as low as possible, we're considering a split stay (half renting points and half in an AirBnb).

Should we do the on-property half first or second? And how does this affect the ADR window and FP+ window? I'm going to be trying to book us into Crystal Palace breakfast, CRT breakfast, and Tusker house breakfast, so I feel like I probably need to use my ADR window to the fullest advantage.
You’re way behind if you plan to rent DVC for October of this. Studios are pretty much booked up, which means that 2BR lockoff villas are also gone for most nights. That leaves you with dedicated 2BR villas. Of those, only some will accommodate 9+1: AKV Kidani, OKW, RIV, BLT, VGF, BCV. You might want to see what’s possible to rent for the nights you need.

But assuming that it is possible, you will only be able to do FPs 60 days in advance of the day of your arrival at a Disney resort thru the day that you check out. Given that, it won’t matter whether you stay onsite or offsite first. You will have to wait until 30 days out to get FPs for part of your trip.

Parking for offsite guests is $25/day per car. DVC renters do not pay a resort parking fee and as an onsite guest, they don’t pay for parking at the theme parks, either.

For ADRs, you can book 180+length of stay (up to 10 days) in advance if you’re onsite. Offsite can book 180 days in advance of each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter