Split Stay Questions

Kristmay

Mouseketeer
I've never done a split stay, but have decided to do it for my upcoming August trip. I'll be staying two nights at POR and then moving on to the Boardwalk for 3 nights. I'll be buying my tickets separately. How does this work with our magic bands?

I've booked the rooms from a non-Disney site. From what I've read, I need to call Disney to have them link my external reservations to MDE? I will be purchasing my tickets through the Disney site, so will my tickets automatically link to MDE, or will I have to have those manually added as well?

On my checkout day from POR, I have a pre park opening ADR at Garden Grill. Will I be able to drop my luggage off at 7am to have it transferred to the Boardwalk while we're in the parks?

Thanks. I'm in almost the same situation and was wondering some of the same things

I booked through orbitz and called them after booking for the confirmation numbers. Then I linked them online at MDE. Just watch your address when you order magic bands. I had to update mine as they had the address of orbitz.

Thanks. I'm in almost the same situation and was wondering some of the same things

I booked through orbitz and called them after booking for the confirmation numbers. Then I linked them online at MDE. Just watch your address when you order magic bands. I had to update mine as they had the address of orbitz.
Thank you...that's good to know about the address.

I did a split stay last summer with room only reservations from Orbitz. All you have to do is get the Disney reservation number and enter it into your MDE. You will get a set of MBs for both rooms. There is an opt out so you only get one set but I read several peoples horror stories about not being able to get into their room or the parks or the charging privileges disappearing that I decided to get both. Once we got to the second resort all the bands worked for everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter