Split Stay Question

melzseb

Earning My Ears
We will be traveling to Disney with a large group of people (16). With the family we have a grand villa at OKW and a studio there as well. My family of four wants to leave on Friday, instead of Sunday when ever one else will head down. I realize we will need two reservations. The OKW one will be with points that someone staying in the villa will be booking. We are wanting to head to Disney on Friday and stay at POP until Sunday. We are going to be on a meal plan and need tickets for all of the days of our stay. Would we be able to do one meal plan for the whole trip?

Since they are 2 separate reservations, each one will have its own DDP, with the POP ressie needing at least a 1 day base ticket for everyone in the room, unless someone in that room has an AP....then you can get an AP + Dine package and not have to purchase extra tickets.

Okay, so what if we put all of the park tickets on the ressie for Pop and putthe dining plan on the reservations for OKW? Would that work? Then we could just pay for the food on the two days that we are staying at Pop.

Okay, so what if we put all of the park tickets on the ressie for Pop and putthe dining plan on the reservations for OKW? Would that work? Then we could just pay for the food on the two days that we are staying at Pop.
There is actually no such thing as a split stay in the eyes of Disney. Just two separate vacations/reservations.

Dining plans require a package, for everyone in the room. Packages require at least one day base park ticket for everyone in the room. To have ddp throughout your trip you would need two packages with base park ticket for each package, there is only one exception that I am aware that would be for inidividuals with annual passes. Also, dining plan tickets expire at midnight on the day you checkout of any resort.

That really stinks that Disney isn't more accomidating. After all, we are planning on spending the whole time there. Too bad, it will probably mean we won't be going early then, it will end up costing us too much. We really wanted to spend more time in Disney.

Do you have the option of staying at OKW first? Then you could get how ever many days of tickets you will need, then have a room only reservation at Pop and pay for your food the rest of the days.

We could possibly stay one extra day, but not any more after that because I am a teacher and need to be back to work that Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter