Split Stay Pop/WL or VWL/WL

daisygarden

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know how the studios a the VWL compare to a regular hotel room at a Deluxe resort? I wanted to try the WL for a 4-day trip in October but it was only available for our last two nights. I ended up getting an AP rate at POP for the first two nights and the last two nights at WL. I have been checking daily to see if WL opens up for two more nights because I am not sure how much of a hassle changing resorts will be with such a short stay. Nothing has opened up at WL but today there was availability for two nights in a VWL studio.

The VWL studio is much more expensive compared to POP so I'm not sure if it would be worth it since we still would have to split our stay. Anyone know if it's easier to transfer from VWL to WL?

I'd stay in a VWL studio over an ordinary hotel room any day. You have a queen sized bed, plus a double sized sleeper sofa. You have an undercounter refrigerator, microwave and kitchen area to prepare your snacks and food. You will have access to a free washer and dryer.

Transferring is just a matter of having someone move your belongings a few feet. The Villas at Wilderness Lodge are in a separate but attached building at the Wilderness Lodge. Call Bell Services and they would move you easily if your room was ready. If not, they could store your stuff until the room was ready.

The villas are very quiet and peacefull. In the lobby of the villas, there are a couple of spaces where you can curl up and read or play checkers in front of the fireplace.

I would think it would be pretty easy. You would just pack your bags and the bell boy would move them for you. I would stay at WL, but then I'm biased because I love WL and don't like the value resorts. You never know, something might come up at WL for the last few nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter