Split stay over new years/Where to park RV?

britt54311

Mouseketeer
We are thinking on 10 of us all riding down in my sisters RV and staying 3 nights when rates our high then transferring to one of the value resorts and I have a few questions.
1. Has anyone did a split stay, camping then going to hotel?
2. Where can we park the RV during our hotel stay? At Fort Wilderness or can
we park it in the parking lot of the hotel? Its a 28 foot RV.
3. If parking camper somewhere at Fort Wilderness will they transfer our
our luggage for us to the hotel, like they do when doing split stay in hotels?

Thanks for any input.:)

All Disney resorts can accommodate parking your RV.

You cannot park at Fort Wilderness unless it's check-in or check-out day.

Since the hotel resorts have ample parking it would be better to park there. I have seen RV's several times in their parking lots.

I am not sure about the luggage transfer.

Is it really economical considering the number of rooms you would need? And would it be as much fun to transfer into the confines of a value resort? Isn't that a lot of trouble? I don't know how long you are staying, but I would MUCH prefer to stay at the Fort. Your own bed, bath and kitchen...space to sit outside???

In the interest of full disclosure, the above post was from Ken, not Judy. Inadvertent login...

But we wil be there for Christmas and New Years again, and all at the Fort.

Thank you for all the replies. As for just staying at FW, does it still have the DISNEY MAGIC. This will be my sister and her family's first trip ever to Disney and I would like her to experience what we experienced the first trip we ever made to Disney. It's what keeps us coming back. We went last October and stayed at Bonnet Creek which was awesome in it self, but I felt we were missing something. We had brought friends with us that time and they didn't think Disney was anything special and I don't know if it was because we didn't stay at one of Disney's hotel or not. I know not everyone will like Disney so that could have been the case. We do love to camp here in Wisconsin, so that part is not the issue. I just want that Disney Magic. Thanks :thumbsup2

Thank you for all the replies. As for just staying at FW, does it still have the DISNEY MAGIC. This will be my sister and her family's first trip ever to Disney and I would like her to experience what we experienced the first trip we ever made to Disney. It's what keeps us coming back. We went last October and stayed at Bonnet Creek which was awesome in it self, but I felt we were missing something. We had brought friends with us that time and they didn't think Disney was anything special and I don't know if it was because we didn't stay at one of Disney's hotel or not. I know not everyone will like Disney so that could have been the case. We do love to camp here in Wisconsin, so that part is not the issue. I just want that Disney Magic. Thanks :thumbsup2

The fort has the most Disney Magic. :lovestruc I have stayed at most of the deluxe and moderate resorts. In my opinion none can compare with the fort. You are surrounded with the Magic, from the adventure land feel of the grounds to Chip and Dale visiting the campfire every night. Traveling back from MK on the boat at night is so magical....you can watch the fireworks from the beach, the music is piped in....The Fort is not your typical campground....it's Disney!

. . . .You cannot park at Fort Wilderness unless it's check-in or check-out day.

This is NOT true. I know several people who have parked their RV in the lot while going on a cruise and another couple who went to another resort and they also left their rig at the overflow lot. Just go to the front desk and get a parking pass. Do not leave your rig with getting the pass or it might get towed.

This is NOT true. I know several people who have parked their RV in the lot while going on a cruise and another couple who went to another resort and they also left their rig at the overflow lot. Just go to the front desk and get a parking pass. Do not leave your rig with getting the pass or it might get towed.

purty sure you are correct.
I've seen RV's , trailers , etc parked in the same spot in the overflow for a week atta time.

When my family went on a cruise in November, we were instructed to park our RV at Riverside. They would not let us leave it at the Fort after we checked out - even though we were going on a DISNEY cruise. So it IS true.

Maybe your friends that did this had an "in" with a front desk person?

Because we now live 3 hours from the Fort and less than that from Port Canaveral, we will never do a combined trip again. I thought it was crappy that we could not leave our RV at the Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter