Split stay or not to split stay?

With kids, I'm reluctant to move once we check in and get settled. I also don't like to not have a room for the bulk of a day, and packing up to me is the biggest hassle of a trip.
I like to unpack, hang my clothes up, and settle in. Having to pack up all my stuff and move it would be a pain.
I know lots of folks like to stay at more than one resort, but I like to instead visit and eat at them occasionally instead.
Also, if it's cheaper if they offer you the deal, that would make me want to stay with the moderate resort.
The Poly doesn't entice me, and I'm not sure how easily you could find a rental there anyway. Their villas are newer, so it may not be a given that you could find one.

Last week we booked our first split stay for January. It sounded like a great idea at the time. We love staying in the Epcot area (Boardwalk) but wanted to try a monorail resort (poly). Since booking it I have thought more about it and worry we made a mistake. We are doing 2 nights at BWV and 3 nights at Poly villas. We rented DVC points and cant change it now. I realize now that we can't book all of our ADR's at 180 from the first night..we have to book then on 2 separate days because it is considered 2 separate resi's. Packing up now seems like a hassle. I plan to call bell services and let them handle the luggage. we will leave BW and go straight to HS for the day and check into poly that evening. I hope we end up loving our decision.
It's not really much of a hassle to pack up after just 2 days. Your plan for moving day is the best way to do it without losing any touring time. Relax, and have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter