• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split stay on Dining Plan ?

Not really, the dining plan is linked to the number of nights you stay at the resort not the number of ticket days. So you would have to have two packages 1 for each resort.

We recently returned from a split stay. 3 nights at POR and then 7 nights at Poly. We had the same reservation # for both, but our meal plan did not transfer to the new resort. They had to be used by midnight the day we checked into the Poly. We did not realize this until we arrived. Previously had been told all credits would be pooled together and that we could use however we wanted, i.e. saving some credits early to use later in our trip. In all it worked out and you can get the plan with a split stay. Just make sure you keep track of your credits and use the first plan up first. You will also have two different key cards.

Just an idea ---- we have a split stay coming up in December and we have the Dining plan for only the second part. We thought we could save some money by starving ourselves :teeth: the first couple of days and then making up for it the rest of the week.

I called about this yesterday. I was told ......ex

5 days Wilderness Lodge then 5 days POR would work like this

You would get 5 days wilderness lodge + 10 ticickets + meal plan then for POR you would have to buy a 1 day ticket to be eligble for the dining plan while staying there. Does that make sense?

PA DISNEYLOVER said:
I called about this yesterday. I was told ......ex

5 days Wilderness Lodge then 5 days POR would work like this

You would get 5 days wilderness lodge + 10 ticickets + meal plan then for POR you would have to buy a 1 day ticket to be eligble for the dining plan while staying there. Does that make sense?

Thats 11 days of park tickets and you will only be there 10 days. You could get either two 5 days or a 9 day at WL and a 1 day at POR, whichever is cheaper.

In order to get the meal plan you have to buy at least a one day park ticket.

But if you have only 1 day on the POR room key you don't have to use it for admission. DH and I have APs and have free dining for his September birthday trip. We will not use our room key for admission and will each have one day's admission saved for a future trip.

Last month we split our stay and used the Meal Plan only at our first resort. 4 Nights at Pop Century, then 5 nights at Saratoga Springs. With sharing I was able to stretch out our family of 4's meals to cover our first 5 days and we had plenty to eat. We were able to use the plan right up until midnight during our first day at Saratoga, then the next few days we just winged it. We were so stuffed from the first 5 days and it was a nice change of pace not to have to stick to the dining plan.

We had purchased the MYW Premium 7 day w/5 pluses. We went to all 4 parks, some twice, both water parks, Disney Quest, and Pleasure Island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter