• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split stay move

mrstomrice

Disney Planning Fanactic!
We have a split stay with BLT and AK Kidani. We move on December 26. I know that they will move our luggage for us. We don't have a set plan for the day yet, except for dinner at the Luau that evening. Is the best way to get to AK from BLT to get to MK and then take the bus to the hotel? Is there a separate bus for the regular hotel and Kidani? Last question...will I have any chance of getting my room any earlier if I head over there early in the morning? Thanks for your help!

I have had a 50% chance of getting the room early, even in the morning.

When you are at BLT just walk over to the MK bus area and take the Animal Kindom Lodge bus.

After the luau just take the boat over to the MK bus area, and hop a bus to AKL

We have a split stay with BLT and AK Kidani. We move on December 26. I know that they will move our luggage for us. We don't have a set plan for the day yet, except for dinner at the Luau that evening. Is the best way to get to AK from BLT to get to MK and then take the bus to the hotel? Is there a separate bus for the regular hotel and Kidani? Last question...will I have any chance of getting my room any earlier if I head over there early in the morning? Thanks for your help!

I wouldn't count on getting in your room early. I stayed at Kidani in a savannah view studio the final weekend of F&W. I got to Kidani at 10:30am on a Thursday(I did online check-in) and my room wasn't ready until 3:30pm. Definitely take the bus to Kidani and check in once you check out of BLT; but have something planned to do(like going to a theme park) in case your room isn't ready.

Thanks for all of your advice! We may not head over there at all then...maybe we should just hang out at BLT for the morning, head to the monorail resorts to take in the decorations, stay for the luau and then check in. Just gives me more to think about:)

I would think that it being during Christmas season and the resorts are crowded your room would not be available until later.

One thing to mention is Kidani is a large resort. While you may not have a better chance of getting into your room by checking in early, you may have a better chance of getting a room request filled.

It sounds like you will not have a car. The hallway at Kidani is fairly long. Some people without a car prefer to be closer toward the lobby at Kidani.

For my 80 year old mother, the walk to the end of the hall was too long. After walking to the room, we called the front desk and they were able to switch us into a room closer to the lobby. Later in the day, this room change may not have been possible.

Have a great trip. We prefer the animal viewing at Kidani to Jambo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter