split stay-how does it work with luggage/dining plan?

mamamelody2

DIS Veteran
We will be staying our first night at Art of Animation, room only. Then moving to POP with free dining. Do we have to go to the AoA desk to check out, then go to the POP desk to check in for our dining plan to be activated? Also, we will walk our luggage across the bridge and hope a room is ready. If not, we will give the luggage to bell services. Will they deliver it to the room or do we have to get it from bell services when we return from the parks? We are doing DAH, so won't get back until about 2 AM, really would like to know our luggage is in our room waiting for us.

We will be staying our first night at Art of Animation, room only. Then moving to POP with free dining. Do we have to go to the AoA desk to check out, then go to the POP desk to check in for our dining plan to be activated?

In our experience, no.

Also, we will walk our luggage across the bridge and hope a room is ready. If not, we will give the luggage to bell services. Will they deliver it to the room or do we have to get it from bell services when we return from the parks?

You can either stop by luggage services and grab your luggage, or call them from your room and ask them to bring it to you.

We are doing DAH, so won't get back until about 2 AM, really would like to know our luggage is in our room waiting for us.

It won't be. The only time luggage is delivered to your room without you physically being in it is when you take the Magical Express and let them take care of your luggage.

Thank you!
Hopefully a room will be ready when we get to POP, because I really don't want to be collecting our luggage at 2 AM.

It won't be. The only time luggage is delivered to your room without you physically being in it is when you take the Magical Express and let them take care of your luggage.

We moved from CSR to Pop in December and they did put our luggage in our room without us there. I was not expecting it, we went to luggage services to pick everything up and they told us it was already in the room. So it can happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

We stayed room only at AoA at the end of December 2018 and then moved on Jan 1st to OKW with free DDP. AoA helped us check out and then check in to OKW so that we could use our credits and park tickets. We left luggage with Bell Services who transferred it to OKW. We phoned later in the day once we were in our room and they brought our cases straight over.

Mrs TT

I am also planning on splitting our resort stay (POP-->CSR). I know that there is no definite answer, but how long does it take for luggage to get from one resort to another?

We are also planning a split AOA / Pop stay (my parents want to stay at pop and will be there only the first 3 nights of the stay, but I want to experience AOA with my toddlers (2 and 5) who love the little mermaid!)
For those of you who have done split stays with toddlers, do you think we should do a 2/4 split so that we have my parent’s room available for midday break / nap if AOA is not available early, or a 3/3 split and take a leisurely morning with mid-afternoon nap on split day (that would mean counting on the room to be ready at 3PM)
We are planning on being in the parks until 8-9 PM on the second day and my parents will get an early flight day 3 so we won’t be together anyways
Thanks for your input (and sorry for sort of highjacking your thread OP... 😳!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter