SPLIT STAY? Help!

jubelee1872000

Mouseketeer
I have been to DW 3 times since 2010 and next year Spring Break we are thinking of coming back. Only this time everyone wants to try Universal too. Usually we fly into MCO and stay at on on-site Disney Hotel for 4-5nights. Then we go visit our friends that live about an hour and a half away for 4-5 nights before returning home to MI. This time I think it would be something like 2-3 days at Disney, then at our friends for 4-5 days and another 2-3 at Universal before heading home. My question I guess is, what kind of cost would I be looking at? I saw on the US website that the express pass is like $55!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: Per person! That is quite a bit. Being that both of the resorts are more expensive, the less nights you stay there I am considering just flying in a Friday and staying at Dinsey until maybe Sunday evening, then spending Monday through Sunday with our friends, with one of the days out for going to Universal or we could do two days there and stay and at offsite hotel? IDK I'm so confused about all the options now. With Disney I have it all figured out now for the most part, but throw Universal into the mix and I know nothing. :confused3. What do you guys think would be the best way to do this?? I am of course always trying to get the least expensive option, we have always stayed in a value resorts. For our family of four every time we have gone we have gotten in on the free dining promotion. In 2010 and 2011 the cost of our trip (meaning just tickets and hotel and food) was $1200 or under. This last time in 2013 our one son was 4 so that brought us to a $1835 figure. I guess I am worried about it being over $1000 for each 2-3 day excursion. Anyone with experience in this conundrum?

Thanks!

If you stay onsite at a deluxe resort ( Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or Portofino Bay) , you get the unlimited express pass for everyone in your room, early entry to Harry Potter and a beautiful deluxe resort within walking distance or boat ride ( each resort has its own boat transportation).The newest resort , Cabana Bay is a value/moderate, but does NOT have the express pass perks .

If you stay onsite at a deluxe resort ( Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or Portofino Bay) , you get the unlimited express pass for everyone in your room, early entry to Harry Potter and a beautiful deluxe resort within walking distance or boat ride ( each resort has its own boat transportation).The newest resort , Cabana Bay is a value/moderate, but does NOT have the express pass perks .

If you stay onsite only one night....you get two days of Unlimited Express. From the day you check in to the end of park closing the day you check out... and you can check in as early as 7 am and they will hold your luggage. This would give you plenty of time to see the parks at your own pace. That said, we like to stay 5 nights and lots of peeps stay even longer. Staying onsite really makes for a nice relaxing vacation :)

And if you want official word of that...

Go to loewshotels.com, and to the specific Hotel Overview/FAQs page for Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, or Portofino Bay.

Q: I realize check-in does not begin until 4:00 PM, but I wanted to use the Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass to skip the regular lines before that.

A: Please arrive as early as you like the day of check-in and our front desk agent will be happy to pre-register you and assist you with your Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass. The bellman will hold your luggage while you enjoy the parks.

Q: What days is the FREE Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass that serve as Express Access to skip the regular lines valid throughout my stay?

A: Your Universal ExpressSM Unlimited pass is valid for Express Access (at participating attractions) from the time issued by the front desk until the Universal Orlando theme parks close, the day of your departure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter