Split Stay Checkout

corpcomp

The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D
Doing our first split stay in July.

On the day of transfer, do you check out of the first resort as if you were leaving WDW or can they transfer your account to the 2nd resort?

Yes you check out of your first resort (which you do not have to do before you check into the new resort) and check into the new resort at any time (the desks open between 6 & 7 AM) but your room may not be ready.

bookwormde

If you can't take your luggage with you, you will need to call Bell Services and be in your room for luggage pickup (they wont take your luggage unless you are there).

Bell Services will transfer your luggage, so there is really no need to take it with you.

If you arrive early at your next resort, Bell Services will take your luggage while you are waiting for your room. Again, you will have to call for it. They will not deliver it without you in the room.

Have a great time!

If you can't take your luggage with you, you will need to call Bell Services and be in your room for luggage pickup (they wont take your luggage unless you are there).

Bell Services will transfer your luggage, so there is really no need to take it with you.

If you arrive early at your next resort, Bell Services will take your luggage while you are waiting for your room. Again, you will have to call for it. They will not deliver it without you in the room.

Have a great time!

So, let me see if I get this right, if I leave my luggage at resort #1 at BS they will deliver it to the #2 resort? And if I drop luggage off at #2 BS will they deliver to the room when it's ready or will I also have to call later in the day to get them delivered to the new room at #2? Thanks:hippie:

I have never done this before, but I have read that say you give your luggage over to bell services, you are only promised to get your luggage back at the new resort by 4pm, so if you check into to resort #2 and your room is ready, it could be all day before you get your luggage.

You must be in your room for either pick up or delivery of Bell Services handled luggage. packages, etc. Your room may not be ready until 4PM anytime you check-in, so be ready to do for the day without using a room first. Transferring between resorts is a nice courtesy, but is still looked at by Disney as TWO reservations. You can use this also if you want to use DDP for only part of a trip. It is required for ALL in your room, but for each reservation only.

So, let me see if I get this right, if I leave my luggage at resort #1 at BS they will deliver it to the #2 resort? And if I drop luggage off at #2 BS will they deliver to the room when it's ready or will I also have to call later in the day to get them delivered to the new room at #2? Thanks:hippie:

We've had a few split stays. It's pretty simple. Assuming you are using express check out, call BS at resort #1 and ask to have bags transferred to the next DVC. When you check-in at resort #2, (and your room is ready) go to the BS desk, give them your checked luggage tags and ask for the luggage to be delivered to your room. You need to be in the room to receive the bags. Of course, you will need to allow a few hours for the bags to be transferred, etc. The bell hops are always very helpful and courteous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter