• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split Stay and electronics?

emilymad

DIS Veteran
We have a split stay booked on our upcoming trip. We always transfer our own luggage after having issues one trip with bell services. What do people do with their electronics? I don't really want to carry around my laptop all day. Leaving it in a locked suitcase with bell services doesn't seem very secure either.

If you need Disney to transfer the luggage I don't know that you have much choice. Put it in the luggage and put a lock on it. You do leave the electronics in the room even if locked in the safe. I would be curious to hear a solution.

Maybe take it to the park and put it on a locker there?

You say you transfer your own luggage, so I am assuming you have a car since luggage isn't permitted on the buses. I guess your alternative would be to put it in the trunk, but I'd be concerned about the heat depending on when you're going.

If you leave it with bell services but are not utilizing them to transfer your luggage, that means you would need to go back to resort 1 in order to pick up your items once resort 2 is ready. Or you could go to resort 2 in the morning to check in and have bell services store your items there.

Yes, we will have a car. I didn't really want to leave the stuff in the trunk due to heat. I thought about renting a locker but that seemed like a pain but maybe safer?

We used to have Disney transfer our luggage until they lost a bag once. It was eventually found but how they treated the situation was awful. I am not even thrilled to have to leave luggage that I transfer myself with bell services but I don't see a way around that.

In the room we will lock up anything in our luggage that won't fit in the safe. It has less exposure in our room then it does at bell services.

I never feel that locking your luggage keeps things safe. Anyone could just slice the suitcase open if they really wanted to. Not that I think that is really happening.

My parents have had issues, not at Disney, with people rifling through their luggage in hotel rooms so it has made me extra cautious.

I just left my bags with Bell Services. They weren't locked and they contained my iPad and other electronics. I figure I have that claim tag and if something happens, I know who to go after and can prove who was in possession of the bags.

Funny thing is I was more concerned about my Trick or treat candy from MNSSHP....:rotfl2: They assured me the storage room is air conditioned but also offered to put it in the fridge..:rotfl:

Nothing was taken. :goodvibes

The heat will not harm the electronics. Pack them deep inside the suit case. They probably get warmer while charging than they do sitting Ina car trunk.

We left our luggage in a rental car at DTD for several hours. It was our departure day and our flight wasn't until after 7:00 p.m. We had a laptop, iPad and Kindle stuffed into various bags that were locked in the trunk. Everything was fine, including shampoos and various food items we had packed. It was early August so it was hot!

I would recommend packing the car and going to a park. Then take a break at check-in time so you can drop your bags in your new room.

If you tell Bell Services that you have electronics in a bag they put a special zip tie on it that can only be cut off so you will know if it has been tampered with and then they store it in a more secure area. I personally prefer that to the car but I've done both with no issues.

Is it true that heat won't harm the electronics? They keep the AC in our AV/IT room set very cold to keep heat out at my work, and whenever we go to the beach my iPhone shuts down due to overheating. I don't think the heat can be good for them :confused3

I don't have a car at wdw, so I take a taxi with my luggage to new resort in the morning, and leave my locked luggage with Bell Service untill my room is ready.

Only issue I had was in August, we were doing a 3 hotel split. Our 1st day while I still had the car rental I went grocery shopping, and drove to the resort we planned on checking into in 3 days to leave groceries. We didn't want to drag groceries around, since we were only at Pop one night, and GF 2. So we dropped off groceries to hold till arrival. Didn't work well. Some groceries went missing :dance3:

Is it true that heat won't harm the electronics? They keep the AC in our AV/IT room set very cold to keep heat out at my work, and whenever we go to the beach my iPhone shuts down due to overheating. I don't think the heat can be good for them :confused3

The electronic items would be turned off.

Never have had any issues doing split stays and having any electronics go missing. we pack it, lock it and forget it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter