• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split resorts

goofy&tigger2

Mouseketeer
We were thinking about splitting our resorts up in the one week that we were staying in WDW. But we can't decide on which ones to choose. We would like to stay between the moderate and the deluxe in choices. Please give us your picks and the reasons why we should consider them.:cool1:

I guess if I had my pick (using the deluxe and mod requirement) I would start at CSR as it looks like the best moderate and the recent renovations look great and then transfer over to Poly - just because it's the Poly...

I unfortunately can't be bothered with unpacking/packing/unpacking

We've never done a split stay before because we didn't want to bother with packing/unpacking/packing and unpacking again. However, since we had to cancel this year's trip, we decided to go for it next year. Everyone will tell you to start with the "lower end" resort and then move to the "higher end" resort. We are doing the opposite because the second resort we are going to is our favorite resort at Disney. So we are starting out with four days at the Animal Kingdon Lodge (AKL) with a savannah view and then five days at the Coronado (CSR).

If I had two weeks I would do one week at CSR and the other week at BC or Poly. We did a split stay our last trip and it was too much packing and unpacking for one week. The whole trip felt rushed.

My husband and I have done a split stay two years in a row now and we loved it! I like to do a split stay between All Stars and Beach club rather than a mod for one good reason. With All Stars you get such a DISNEY feel to the whole resort. I love staying there first and just really feeling the true disney spirit in the air and everywhere you look. Plus, we really like the food courts at ASMu. Then we go on to the Beach Club where it is soooo relaxing and they have the best pool ever. It's such a nice combo and we love to do it. However, if you want a mod-deluxe combo, you can't go wrong with any of them. Coronado is absolutely beautiful, Port Orleans has such a true Louisiana vibe, and they have new Nemo and pirate rooms at the Caribbean that sound like fun. I am partial to the Beach Club when I choose the deluxe though. Atleast in the summertime when you can use the pool! Have fun and I hope you build many wonderful Disney memories this year!:)

We are doing a split stay in Aug and it will be our first time at a deluxe resort also. We are doing 5 nights at CSR...we've been there before and are looking forward to queen beds and new rooms (plus a great pool area) and then 3 nights at the GF. We figure we will do Epcot, DHS and a water park while we are at CSR and save MK and Epcot for GF since we will be on the monorail line.

We love the Moderate Resorts. We stayed at Port Orleans Resort for five nights and then switched to Animal Kingdom Lodge for two more nights.

We stayed at POR during the first five days while we spent most of our time at the parks.

When we switched over to our Savannah View room at AKL, we pretty much stayed at the resort (all dining, pool, and the animals) to be sure we enjoyed everything it offered. It would have seemed a bit of a waste to have spent the money to stay at AKL, but to have been in the parks from 7:30am until 11 pm.

We don't do the super long days every day, but we will do it 2 or 3 days out of 6. We like returning to a Moderate Resort in the middle of the afternoon and swimming in the non-crowed pools. That's why we like a Moderate instead of a Value. We also eat one lunch or dinner at the Moderate's sit-down table service restaurant. We like that option at the Moderates since the Value Resorts don't offer a sit-down restaurant.

We felt we got some real value out of splitting our resort stay. We couldn't have afforded a 7 night stay at AKL. But splurging for the two nights and spending alot of time at the resort (even just sitting on our balcony and watching the animals on the Savannah) was well worth it.

We also drove so we had our own minivan. Packing and unpacking was a breeze.

My husband and I have done a split stay two years in a row now and we loved it! I like to do a split stay between All Stars and Beach club rather than a mod for one good reason. With All Stars you get such a DISNEY feel to the whole resort. I love staying there first and just really feeling the true disney spirit in the air and everywhere you look. Plus, we really like the food courts at ASMu. Then we go on to the Beach Club where it is soooo relaxing and they have the best pool ever. It's such a nice combo and we love to do it. However, if you want a mod-deluxe combo, you can't go wrong with any of them. Coronado is absolutely beautiful, Port Orleans has such a true Louisiana vibe, and they have new Nemo and pirate rooms at the Caribbean that sound like fun. I am partial to the Beach Club when I choose the deluxe though. Atleast in the summertime when you can use the pool! Have fun and I hope you build many wonderful Disney memories this year!:)

We were wondering how you move your luggage from one resort to the next?
Does the hotel accomadate you w/your move?

I always split the stay. Disney has transferred the luggage many times for me without a problem. I did have a problem once from BC to POR. BC's fault, POR was great solving the problem.
We are doing 4 nights POP, 3 nights CR, 2 night POLY
I just changed POFQ (which was great) to CR because of a great passholder rate and we haven't stayed there yet.
I have to say the last two times at BC were not that great for us so we are not going back but trying other resorts.
Sometimes we pack up, take a taxi to the next resort and check in. We leave our bags at bell services and go do something until our room is ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter