Split resort stay with free DDP

irvinehouse

Earning My Ears
If we are splitting our stay between two resorts during free DDP, will we get separate keys to the world cards for each resort stay?

If we get a new key each stay, then my question is---do we get free dining credits on the key for the check out day of resort #1 and another set of credits on the other key for that same day, which would be check in day of resort #2.

Also, would each stay get the $15 Planet Hollywood voucher and 1 free round of miniature golf vouchers.

Thanks,
Lisa

If we are splitting our stay between two resorts during free DDP, will we get separate keys to the world cards for each resort stay?

If we get a new key each stay, then my question is---do we get free dining credits on the key for the check out day of resort #1 and another set of credits on the other key for that same day, which would be check in day of resort #2.

Also, would each stay get the $15 Planet Hollywood voucher and 1 free round of miniature golf vouchers.

Thanks,
Lisa

Yes you would get separate resort keys with separate dining credits. You should also get two packets of vouchers. Keep in mind that doing a split stay for free dining also requires you to buy two sets of tickets. You can get the full length of tickets for your entire stay on the first reservation and save the other tickets for future use, though.

I'd forgotten about having to buy two sets of tickets. I'll have to run my numbers to see if we really want to do that this time around. Thank you for your quick response.

Lisa

I'd forgotten about having to buy two sets of tickets. I'll have to run my numbers to see if we really want to do that this time around. Thank you for your quick response.

Lisa

You're welcome. A lot of people forget the ticket part, so that's why I mentioned it.:goodvibes

Yes you would get separate resort keys with separate dining credits. You should also get two packets of vouchers. Keep in mind that doing a split stay for free dining also requires you to buy two sets of tickets. You can get the full length of tickets for your entire stay on the first reservation and save the other tickets for future use, though.

This, plus I'll add that dining credits are per night of stay and expire at 11:59 pm on the day that you check out. All of your credits are available for use as of the moment you check in. So you COULD have credits left from your first stay that you would need to use up that day and all of the credits from your second stay would be available on the day that you switch resorts. Be careful because, from what I've read here on the DIS, you can't use one credit from #1 KTTW and one credit from #2 KTTW for a 2 credit meal.

we are there three nights b4 free dining stops.
then 7 nights after
total of 11 days on property
instead of getting tickets for the first part and then tickets for the second part (the minimum ticket purchase would have added up to a LOT OF money...)
we are doing this
we are getting 4 (3 adult and 1 child) water park season passes . we'll use those our first 3 days, and for any time we want to drop by the water park the rest of the trip. We are getting 8 day park hopper tickets for the free dining part, not getting the WP & More option..
this ended up saving several hundred dollars..

John

Lisa
You can purchase the minimum number of days on your second stay and save the tickets for a later trip (just don't activate them by putting them in a turnstyle).

the problem with having the tickets to use at a later trip... they are much more expensive when you buy the minimum. Also if you get say the #of days you would use on a future trip so they are the lowest price you can get what happens when you have a future deal you want that requires ticket purchase..
i guess this works for those of us who can go multiple times a year or live near but not for those who only go every other year or less.

john

we are there three nights b4 free dining stops.
then 7 nights after
total of 11 days on property
instead of getting tickets for the first part and then tickets for the second part (the minimum ticket purchase would have added up to a LOT OF money...)
we are doing this
we are getting 4 (3 adult and 1 child) water park season passes . we'll use those our first 3 days, and for any time we want to drop by the water park the rest of the trip. We are getting 8 day park hopper tickets for the free dining part, not getting the WP & More option..
this ended up saving several hundred dollars..

John

Did you mean to say that you are there 3 nights before free dining STARTS? Do you know that you can pick up package tickets up to 3 days early? So you could get a 10 day ticket with your package, and go to a water park for the first day only, OR it might be cheaper for you to pick up your tickets 3 days early and add the WP&M option. Just hit up DTD on your first day and then you would have 10 park entries and 10 water park entries to use over the course of your trip.

Yes... STARTS.. not stops

i have never heard of what you are saying before
just so I'm clear...
we can check in on our room only ressie, three days before our free dining ressie
we can then get our tickets from the free dining ressie and go in teh parks etc...
really??

John

Yes... STARTS.. not stops

i have never heard of what you are saying before
just so I'm clear...
we can check in on our room only ressie, three days before our free dining ressie
we can then get our tickets from the free dining ressie and go in teh parks etc...
really??

John

Yep. Here is the link to CF's ticket sticky...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

The section that discusses this is in post #15 section "I." Here is what it says...

I. Picking up Package Tickets Prior To Start Of Package

In cases where Walt Disney World Resort Guests would like to begin using their Package Tickets prior to the day of check-in (up to three days in advance), the Guests will be directed to visit any Theme Park or DTD Guest Relations location and request Early Ticket Pick-Up. (Note this cannot be done at a water park.)

It is only valid for people with packages at a Walt Disney World owned and operated Resort. You can be staying off-property at the time you pick up the tickets. Note that if you have a package which includes Dining, although you can pick up your tickets early you cannot get access to the Dining until you have actually checked in to your Resort.

Note that since August 2011 the Call Centers have been telling Guests this cannot be done. However it is still a valid procedure and can be done with no problem at Park Guest Relations Windows.

There is a possibility that if your package and the stay prior to the package are at the same Resort that you will be able to get the tickets at the Resort and not have to go to a Park Guest Relations Office.

And the tickets issued will be valid for the entire stay; they will not receive valid tickets when they actually check-in to their resort. There is a strong possibility that the tickets you have received prior to check-in cannot be added to your KTTW on or after check-in.

I would suggest you copy down the following information if you are planning to upgrade promotional tickets. If the person in the window is hesitant to upgrade these promotional tickets, ask them go go into The Hub >> WDW >> Work >> Ticketing >> Processes & Business Rules >> Early Ticket Pickup For Resort Packages where they will see the procedure.

THis changes a lot of things for us (for the good :cool1: )
i am a little concerned by the note
Note that since August 2011 the Call Centers have been telling Guests this cannot be done. However it is still a valid procedure and can be done with no problem at Park Guest Relations Windows.

are we absolutely certain we can do this still?

john

THis changes a lot of things for us (for the good :cool1: )
i am a little concerned by the note

are we absolutely certain we can do this still?

john

Absolutely. Cheshire Figment is currently a ticket CM. He updates his sticky with ANY new news. When he says anything about ticketing, consider it the law. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter