split family & room access

dlavant

Earning My Ears
We are going to stay at the ASMusic in June and we will have a suite for our family of 5 and my dad and stepmom will have a regular room adjoining. Our youngest will be 18 months old and my parents will bring her back to our room at times to rest. Can we get the front desk to give them a key card for our room? I don't want to send my key with them every time, because I think it could get misplaced changing hands so often.

How does Disney handle this?

Dawn

not a problem - just ask at the front desk once everyone has checked in - if you do it before you may be paying more for the room - because of 3 adults not just 2.

We are going to stay at the ASMusic in June and we will have a suite for our family of 5 and my dad and stepmom will have a regular room adjoining. Our youngest will be 18 months old and my parents will bring her back to our room at times to rest. Can we get the front desk to give them a key card for our room? I don't want to send my key with them every time, because I think it could get misplaced changing hands so often.

Dawn

Yes, the front desk will give you an extra key. You can even get a key for your 18 month old and just give it to your dad. Or just get an extra key. You can have up to 6 adults in a suite without incurring an extra charge and you only have 5 people in your room, so there will be no problem. We have done this many times.

Dawn

Have you requested their room to be adjoining? I am not sure that is possible with the suites and regular rooms. At any rate it is only a request, not a guarantee.
Good Luck

Have you requested their room to be adjoining? I am not sure that is possible with the suites and regular rooms. At any rate it is only a request, not a guarantee.
Good Luck

Adjoining is just close to each other. Connecting means sharing a door between them.

A family suite could not connect. I'm not sure if the family suites are all together or if they are mixed in with regular rooms.

Family suites at All Star Music are all together - they were created from the former connecting rooms near the center of the buildings they're in. There are still the individual rooms at the 'stairs' end of each wing of each of the four buildings, so its entirely possible they can get true adjoining rooms.

Thank you. It would be nice if the rooms were close to each other, but it isn't a huge deal. As long as Dad can get into our suite with the baby, we will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter