Splash/Snow White Refurb. in Jan/Feb....

zaja

Mouseketeer
Splash going down for refurb. Jan. 1 - Feb. 15

Snow White refurb Jan. 28 - Feb 15

Bummer for those of us going in these 2 months.

Yes it is a bummer! Last January Splash was closed too, it's one of my all time favorite WDW attractions. I hope this doesn't become an annual refurb . . . we are thinking of Jan. '09 and do not want Splash to be closed again!

Info is on the Disney World website. Click on the calendar button for January 2008/Magic Kingdom. It's at the bottom.

That stinks! We were thinking about going in Oct, but DD's favorite ride (BTM) was down so we are planning for Jan. Guess what DS's favorite ride is? Splash. I understand that WDW needs to do these refurbs, but man, this one is going to hurt!

That's a bit of a bummer for us as well. My kids had decided to try Splash Mountain out in Jan. 2008 after they didn't want to ride it last June. I've never been on it and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Oh well, guess I'll be planning another trip to WDW!

Hee Hee ... now I can avoid getting wet ... poor DH ... he will be sad :sad: ... but I won't :banana: hee hee hee. Aren't I mean to be gleeful in the face of my DH's sadness??? ..... NOT ...

I will miss riding Snow White though.

And I do feel sad for those of you who like Splash and will miss it ... Sorry (Bummer :sad1: for you all)

Hmmm Bummer on Splash. Last January I was one of the first people to ride it the day they reopened it from the January 2007 refurbishment.

Ah well.....just need to make sure and ride Snow White at the beginning of our trip.

Splash has been in need of a refurb for a while, glad to see they're being serious about it this time.

That stinks but what can you do!? I'll have to ride it in April and December to make up for it.

Well, it looks like we'll miss out on Splash Mountain :sad1: :sad1: :sad2: (that's me and my girls). At least we are going again in June! :woohoo:

I wonder what they are doing this time? It si my MIL's favorite ride, and she is 80, so when it was closed last year she said, "Well, I may never ride that again..." the whole week. Now she will be saying it again this year. Bummer!

This is my favorite ride and I was dissapointed when it went down from January 1 to January 27 last year for a major refurb. Why do they have to do it at exactly the same time? If they take out 1-2 more major rides, there is a chance we will cancel our trip. I don't understand why they can't stagger refurb times so they don't coincide with the exact time as the year before. Also, does Splash have to be refurbed that often? What other big rides do you think will go down during this time frame?

So, Splash's last day is the 31st? Last year the 1st was the last day, so we got to ride it once, but I guess not this year. :(

I'm not much of a fan of Splash, so that won't affect me, but I do like riding Snow White. I arrive on the 23rd, so I'll just ride it at the begining of the trip - No Biggie :goodvibes

We're going Jan 12-19, and my DD5 was really excited about riding Splash for the first time. Now we have to break the bad news.:furious:

So I hope this means the rumored closure of Space Mountain won't be at the same time. Seems crazy to close two of the mountains at once. BTMR would be REALLY crowded...

My DS was in tears when I told him yesterday. It's our favourite ride, but I told him it's better to know ahead of time than to arrive and realize it's closed. Do rehabs ever finish ahead of schedule? We will be there until Feb.5th. Just wondering if there's any chance that Splash will be back up before Feb.15th. I've never really paid that much attention to rehabs before because the rides that've been down have never been a big deal to us so I'm not really sure how their timelines work. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter