"Splash pool" at Windsor Hills

mtry

Earning My Ears
Hi, For anyone who has rented a townhouse with splash pool at Windsor Hills, did you get much use out of it? I think I read somewhere that when heated it is more like a hot tub. Do they have jets? They don't seem that big for 3 or 4 teens unless it could be used as a relaxing hot tub. Is it worth consideration to rent a unit with these? Thankyou

We did use ours a lot and liked it especially in the evening after coming from the parks. They do have jets, at least the two we've used did but it wouldn't be quite like a hot tub because it's too big to get the full efect of the jets. There's an underwater ledge that you can sit on.
It's 12 by 12 foot with depth up to 5 feet. You won't do much swimming in it but it was nice to lay around in. Pool heat was included when we were there last Sept but we had to have it turned down some because when it's 95F outside you don't want a pool that's 100F. We had it about 87F and it was nice. I'm sure they'll use the main pool but might like having the splash pool when they want to be by themselves.

I loved the one we had. We were there in May and hit the pool every afternoon just to float around and cool off. In fact, we never went to the community pool, the private splash pool was just right for us. It was just cooling and relaxing.

Thankyou very much for the responses. I will look into renting "with" a splash pool.

What about for kids who like to jump in and splash around? Is it big enough for that? The ledge would make me a little hesitant to let my kids jump in.

The ledge is by the stairs and goes the width of that end but it's only about 18 inches wide. I don't think it would bother them jumping in. A 12 foot square pool is bigger than you think. Picture a room in your house that's that size and you'll get the idea.

Do you think we'll need heat for the pool?

We're going to be in a WH Townhouse from 10/21-10/27/07.

Thanks

Do you think we'll need heat for the pool?

We're going to be in a WH Townhouse from 10/21-10/27/07.

Thanks

I was told by someone that anytime between October and March that having a heated pool is best. Even though the days can reach the 80's, at night it cools off enough that the water will be cold and not warm up enough in the day time. We also like to swim at night after a day at the parks.
So we got it to be on the safe side. We are going the same time as you.

Yes, I think you'll need heat for the pool. It doesn't take much to cool the water off. It might not be freezing but a nice warm pool beats a chilly one every time. :thumbsup2

I orginally booked a TH with a splash pool but after some consideration cancelled that reservation and moved to a 4 bedroom Villa with a regular pool and a free standing hot tub. I am travelling with a DS who will be 14 and I felt a splash pool will be too small to really have fun in. My goal is not to use the public pool at all. I am saving my walking legs for the park. Plus we are going in January and I want an actual hot tub to soak in at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter