Splash Mountain

Karmel96

Wherever you go...there you are!
Hi! I'm in the process of trying to plan a long weekend trip with my DS11 either this fall winter (sometime between November and February). The one ride he wants to go on above all else is Splash Mountain. I seem to recall reading before that it's usually closed for refurbishments from January through March. Can anyone let me know if this true? It would be better for us to go in January or February due to my work schedule but I won't do it if he can't go on this ride! Thanks for any help!:love:

Hi! I'm in the process of trying to plan a long weekend trip with my DS11 either this fall winter (sometime between November and February). The one ride he wants to go on above all else is Splash Mountain. I seem to recall reading before that it's usually closed for refurbishments from January through March. Can anyone let me know if this true? It would be better for us to go in January or February due to my work schedule but I won't do it if he can't go on this ride! Thanks for any help!:love:

Sometimes it's January through March, other times it's shorter--as short as a few weeks in January. So February at least is a crapshoot.

You should be safe if you go in November or December, but it will almost certainly close after the first week in January. As Mesa said, the length of the closure varies and there is no way to know until they announce it. The did do a bit of a longer one this past year, so it might be short for 2015...then again it might not.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/refurbishments-history.htm

According to this website it's been closed anywhere from two weeks to two-and-a-half months every year starting in January for the last few years (curiously except 2012 - though I am guessing the website is missing that closure).

BTMRR was closed 1/9/12-5/27-12 so they probably left Splash Mountain open. Might be why it had such a long refurb in 2013.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/refurbishments-history.htm

According to this website it's been closed anywhere from two weeks to two-and-a-half months every year starting in January for the last few years (curiously except 2012 - though I am guessing the website is missing that closure).

The PP is correct. That was the one time in recent years where Splash did not close in the Winter--I assume TPTB figured having both Splash and Big Thunder down simultaneously was a bad idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter