• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Splash Mountain

TeresaZ

Mouseketeer
Just curious if Splash Mountain is still closed for refurbishment.... my daughter is super mad that it is scheduled to be closed while we are there next week. Just hoping for a little pixie dust that they finished up early and have reopened! LOL

Just curious if Splash Mountain is still closed for refurbishment.... my daughter is super mad that it is scheduled to be closed while we are there next week. Just hoping for a little pixie dust that they finished up early and have reopened! LOL

Still down - pretty sure it's through mid March.

ETA: Looks like it's scheduled to go back up 3/20... I don't think it'd be as early as next week, but you never know.

Closed until March 19th (if not later knowing how fast Disney is at construction).

Yup still closed. Very doubtful it will open early. There was a post from someone explaining the process behind if they opened early etc

Still down - pretty sure it's through mid March.

ETA: Looks like it's scheduled to go back up 3/20... I don't think it'd be as early as next week, but you never know.

Of course, I leave on March 19. Oh well, another reason to make a trip back.

Thanks y'all! Just hoping! No worries, we go a couple times a year, she will get her splash mountain fix!

Yup still closed. Very doubtful it will open early. There was a post from someone explaining the process behind if they opened early etc

I order for it to open next week they would have had to know about it around 2 weeks ago in order to get the CMs on the schedule. These rehabs rarely open early and also rarely have soft openings.

ElCapitanAmerica said:
Anybody know just what they're trying to do, maintenance or some new elements to the ride ?

Maintenance. It is a nearly annual event. Water is tough on it.

ElCapitanAmerica said:
Anybody know just what they're trying to do, maintenance or some new elements to the ride ?

It's been in bad shape. I was there late Nov/early Dec. and it was in a sorry state. Animatronics were completely missing (female rabbit sweeping, Brer Frog on top of the alligator to name a couple). I had to be evacuated from it, completely closed one day.
It's just getting some TLC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter