• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Splash Mountain

Rodrigo

Epcot Mexico
I read some months ago that Splash Mt was going to be closed almost all this year for rehab, but I don't know if this is true.
Is this rehab finished now? I understand that SM is open now.
What was changed in SM?

Yes it was closed - Now it is opened - They added a fresh coat of paint and some refurbing to the outside...also they created individual seats, ala Space Mountain at WDW. There weren't any show changes that I am aware of.

All my best
~Tina

The logs now fit 5 instead of 6, which is why the lines have been longer this summer. There are seat backs now instead of just an open log. Also, they added air gates at the boarding area.

I've heard this change in the logs is just temporary--a quick fix to get Splash open this summer. Disney is still working on a log with restraints to prevent people from getting up during the ride. It's rumored that Splash will go down for a long rehab this fall to install the restraints. :(

How do you here about all these rumors? I have gone to www.wdimagic.com and they have a great selection but people on this awesome site here talk about stuff that isn't on there. I'd appreciate your help.

EVAN

There are TONS of Disney resources on the Internet, as I'm sure you already know. This is my favorite, of course:) , but I also like www.mouseplanet.com and www.laughingplace.com

Those two sites have a lot of "inside" information and rumors like what's been going on with Splash Mountain this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter