Splash Mountain

Kelsey106

Earning My Ears
We went to WDW the first week of February, 2008. We had a great time except Splash Mountain was closed for refurbishment. We are planing our trip for next year. Can you tell me if Splash Mountain is always closed in the beginning of February or was this a one-time deal?

Thanks

We went to WDW the first week of February, 2008. We had a great time except Splash Mountain was closed for refurbishment. We are planing our trip for next year. Can you tell me if Splash Mountain is always closed in the beginning of February or was this a one-time deal?

Thanks

It is not on a "set yearly schedule" for refurb.

Might be open. Might be closed.

Thanks

Like Robo said, there's no yearly schedule, however, it is only logical that if they're going to refurbish Splash, that they'll do so in the colder months (Jan and Feb).

For the past four years.. Splash has been closed for some part of January or February or both.

Odds to ride Splash Mountain are NOT good for those traveling in January or early February ... Historically speaking.

Knox

Did they change anything? We were super bummed that it was closed during our trip.

didn't change any part of the ride itself, though i've heard they added a 3rd loading dock, to help with lines.

Canadian Guy is right. I know it has been closed Jan though Feb15 the last two years because we went last year and it was closed.
And are planning on going winter 2010 so I've been keeping an eye on
it so I know when to plan to go and make sure it's open.

didn't change any part of the ride itself, though i've heard they added a 3rd loading dock, to help with lines.

I've been on it 2 or 3 times since it recently reopened, and I haven't seen that. I think that's just something Disney is thinking about doing. Hasn't happened yet. A single rider line would be nice though. :goodvibes

I've been on it 2 or 3 times since it recently reopened, and I haven't seen that. I think that's just something Disney is thinking about doing. Hasn't happened yet. A single rider line would be nice though. :goodvibes

The third loading area is now there. But since it requires additional CMs to monitor it, they'll only be using it during peak seasons. :)

I remember being in WDW in January/February and Splash being closed. As stated before, those are the logical months to rehab it.

I remember being in WDW in January/February and Splash being closed. As stated before, those are the logical months to rehab it.

Yes.
But that would also be the logical time to refurb any attraction at WDW.

Yes.
But that would also be the logical time to refurb any attraction at WDW.

While that's true because of crowds, it's even more true for Splash considering it's a water ride.

I can't imagine they would close 2 of the mountains at the same time, though, would they? With Space Mountain rumored to be closed starting next January, I can't see that they would close Splash at the same time...

Thoughts?

Shannon

:flower3:

I can't imagine they would close 2 of the mountains at the same time, though, would they? With Space Mountain rumored to be closed starting next January, I can't see that they would close Splash at the same time...

Thoughts?

My thoughts are what I said earlier.
They simply DON'T close Splash EVERY Jan.- Feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter